I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Kevin Morales
Company Details: National Institute for Aviation Research
Company Position Title: Researcher
Linkedin Profile: No

3D Mapping Solutions for Enterprise AR

Post by matador1 »

Hello,

I am curious if anyone has experience using 3d mapping data with an Augmented reality (AR) SDK and AR headset. My research lab is examining the questions below:
-What are the circumstances in which 3D environment maps provide value to development and deployment of AR enterprise?
-Which 3D environment mapping solutions (hardware, software, services) can be used in AR enterprise?
-What are the quickest and most accurate ways to capture 3D industrial environments and how do use cases impact tool choices?
-How to leverage existing standards for rapid/future-proof AR solutions based on 3D mapping?
-How should the implementer choose when to add 3D mapping to their tool chains?
-When (and how) can providers of AR authoring platforms integrate and leverage 3D mapping in their offerings?
-How to integrate feature detection from 3D maps into AR experiences?
-Where should 3D mapping solutions and AR be used in the future?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
kristiovchar
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: kristi ovchar
Company Details: devra development
Company Position Title: manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: 3D Mapping Solutions for Enterprise AR

Post by kristiovchar »

Hello,

Many research labs and enterprises have experience using 3D mapping data with augmented reality (AR) SDKs and AR headsets. The use of 3D environment mapping can be useful when developing and deploying an augmented reality enterprise, especially for creating more realistic and accurate environmental simulations.

There are various solutions for 3D environment mapping, including hardware, software, and services. The choice of specific tools depends on the needs of the enterprise and the level of accuracy and speed required to create 3D images.

Utilizing existing standards is important to develop fast and future-proof augmented reality solutions based on 3D mapping. Developers should choose when to incorporate 3D mapping into their tools depending on the specific needs of the project.

Augmented reality authoring platform providers can also integrate and utilize 3D mapping in their offerings when it fits their development strategy and customer requirements.

To integrate object detection with 3D mapping in AR, there are various approaches and technologies that can be applied depending on specific tasks and use cases.

In the future, 3D mapping and AR solutions may find applications in various fields including industry, urban planning, education, medicine, tourism and more.

Return to “AR Augmented Reality”