I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Jean-Remy Gaudin
Company Details: None
Company Position Title: None
Linkedin Profile: No

Faro Scene Questions

Post by pipedreamsgroup »

Good Friday All

I trust you are all well. I have a few questions regarding Faro Scene which I am sure someone will be able to answer.

1) We were told before we bought our scanner that when you create a point cloud your project should shrink as you are getting rid of all the duplicate dots? We have found that not to be the case and the file if anything doubles in size. This is the standard settings when creating a point cloud with remove duplicate dots activated.

2) Why is it that if you clean your project after you create a point cloud and then update your point cloud and then export as a RCP file your file comes out as if it wasn't cleaned but if you clean your project and then create a point cloud and then export as a RCP it comes out cleaned?

3) Has anyone noticed a difference between a RCP file created before or after you have created a point cloud besides for the size of the RCP file? Should one be creating the RCP file before you point cloud your project to keep that RCP file size down?

Many thanks in advance and hope its a great weekend for all with not to much work.

Kind regards

Remy
MarkL
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Lupton
Company Details: Wolverton
Company Position Title: LASER Scanning
Skype Name: [email protected]
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Faro Scene Questions

Post by MarkL »

I’m not sure if he why’s for all of these questions, but I don’t use the project point cloud anymore. I make scan point clouds and clean them up, then export scans as ordered, then bring them into Recap. I find the export to .rcp takes a lot longer than this multi step process. Of course it might just be my settings are wrong.
The reason the project gets larger is that scene is creating additional files for the scan/project point clouds.

Return to “FARO As-Built”