I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Jeff Cuneo
Company Details: QPS-3D
Company Position Title: Scan-Modeling Division Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

3D FUNCTIONS GRAYED OUT IN SCENE

Post by Jeffc1qps »

Guys, i'm having an issue. All my Scene files that i open have the 3d function grayed out. I feel like i'm missing something simple, but i'm stumped. Even when i right click a single scan(that i have a scan pointcloud created for) still has my 3d view grayed out. Can anyone tell me the issue? I bet it's simple and i've just forgotten. I was getting ready to do some video work, but can't create the pointcloud either. I appreciate the help, in advance.
Jeffc1qps
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts

Re: 3D FUNCTIONS GRAYED OUT IN SCENE

Post by Jeffc1qps »

I'm on 6.2.3.9 version, just for reference.
Jeffc1qps
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts

Post by Jeffc1qps »

I've discovered the issue and need to find a resolution to it now. I was accessing my processing computer through a remote desktop connection. If I sign straight into the computer, all 3d functions are available and usable. Anyone else experience this issue and have a way to correct it using the rdp? Thanks.
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Scott »

Jeffc1qps wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:42 pm I've discovered the issue and need to find a resolution to it now. I was accessing my processing computer through a remote desktop connection. If I sign straight into the computer, all 3d functions are available and usable. Anyone else experience this issue and have a way to correct it using the rdp? Thanks.
Purchase the FARO Scene dongle? I'm not sure of the price these days -it's not cheap but I found it helpful.
Jeffc1qps
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts

Post by Jeffc1qps »

Scott wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:50 pm
Jeffc1qps wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:42 pm I've discovered the issue and need to find a resolution to it now. I was accessing my processing computer through a remote desktop connection. If I sign straight into the computer, all 3d functions are available and usable. Anyone else experience this issue and have a way to correct it using the rdp? Thanks.
Purchase the FARO Scene dongle? I'm not sure of the price these days -it's not cheap but I found it helpful.
We are not on a dongle access currently. We built a desktop to 'rule them all' and had planned on remote access to do the work from our normal workstations. Now i have to discover why we are getting this anomaly. It's pretty strange.
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor

Post by jedfrechette »

OpenGL isn't supported over Microsoft's remote desktop client when using a Geforce graphics card, note it should work if you have a Quadro card.

This doesn't just affect Scene, it applies to all OpenGL applications so if you Google for "OpenGL Remote Desktop" you'll find lot's of info on how other people deal with it. In general though the three solutions are: get a Quadro card, use a different remote desktop client, or launch your application from inside a wrapper script so that it doesn't know its running inside a remote desktop session.
Jed

Return to “FARO As-Built”