I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: David Shanks
Company Details: self-employed
Company Position Title: self-employed
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Export image from Scene

Post by shankskill »

Thanks for the links. The video app sounds promising, and I've just found that Orthophoto plugin useful especially since it can provide images of a known scale. My pdfs are always too small, so hopefully the video app will help extracting perspective views.
nfaino
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Nic Faino
Company Details: JENSEN HUGHES -previously CASE Forensics
Company Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Skype Name: nfaino
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by nfaino »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the forum, but everything I've found on here has been extremely helpful to me, so I figured I might try to contribute some of what I've learned too, just in case it might help someone else.

I know this is an old post, so this might have been covered somewhere else before. But what I've been able to do for high resolution images from the 3D point of view is to render a video, just as mentioned previously. However, since I don't have a good monitor, I take the images produced by FARO Scene.

What I do is just set a viewpoint of what I want to 'screenshot'. Take that one viewpoint and make it the camera path and choose an arbitrary duration for the video. Then render the video at a high resolution, making both video and images. Then just grab the image you want from the folder, and voila!

The only thing you might have to play with is the FARO watermark floating around in the video (if you have the free version). Just set the duration for several seconds. The watermark will move around, but the viewpoint stays the same...so one of the images produced will hopefully have the watermark in a decent location. And since the viewpoint isn't changing, the rendering is actually pretty quick, even at the highest resolution.
Formula1982
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stephen Ferrari
Company Details: UTEC StarNet Geomatics
Company Position Title: Technical Lead

Post by Formula1982 »

Hi, a little advice if possible please from experienced Scene users...

I have a project in Scene and I want to export high resolution images.
When I export an image, it exports a low resolution image which I assume matches the resolution of the scanner.

See image below. Left is from the export. Right is a screenshot of the individual picture taken by the scanner. Clearly the resolution is being downgraded.

How can I get scene to export a full resolution image as I need this?
Is there anywhere in the process, even if it involves capturing an image from the file system before it gets downgraded, for me to get the full resolution 360 jpg?

Thanks for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FARO SCENE”