Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Re: Faro Scene Registration - Need Help

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:30 pm How do you do that? 3 scanners with spheres.... how do you name your scans.

Runing more scanners would give me headaches to know if i scanned all....
Secret is a lot of spheres, setup most you can at start (18+)
Scans can be 1/4 1x colors, that is 3min50s each, I can even do this with 1min30 black and white scans.
Takes 10 sec to move a scan, 5s to level and start. Move all three scans back to back, go to the ''back'' of the project, pick up spheres out of reach, I have a bag attached to me I place them in. Keep them in bag. First scan finishes, move, then move next 2. Then go to front of project and place spheres, go back...move scan... pick up back spheres, move scans, place spheres repeat.
We have labels on our scans... A / B / C etc
I always name scans YYYYMM-AXXX , so for scanner A, scan 1 of today it would be named 202405-A001 , etc for our scans B C D E F G
Key is being the one to move the scans, if in team have 1 person move scan, another deal with targets. This way the mastermind stays in touch with covered areas and doesn't get confused with someone else moving scans
justfits84
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Kenneth Gallant
Company Details: Just Fits Oilfield Services
Company Position Title: Just Fits Oilfield Services
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by justfits84 »

3 Scanners is about the limit to keep them all spinning, at least for me. I pretty well do the same thing as Leandre but I move the spheres during color capture and dance around to try to not get caught up in the pano.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:52 pm
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:30 pm How do you do that? 3 scanners with spheres.... how do you name your scans.

Runing more scanners would give me headaches to know if i scanned all....
Secret is a lot of spheres, setup most you can at start (18+)
Scans can be 1/4 1x colors, that is 3min50s each, I can even do this with 1min30 black and white scans.
Takes 10 sec to move a scan, 5s to level and start. Move all three scans back to back, go to the ''back'' of the project, pick up spheres out of reach, I have a bag attached to me I place them in. Keep them in bag. First scan finishes, move, then move next 2. Then go to front of project and place spheres, go back...move scan... pick up back spheres, move scans, place spheres repeat.
We have labels on our scans... A / B / C etc
I always name scans YYYYMM-AXXX , so for scanner A, scan 1 of today it would be named 202405-A001 , etc for our scans B C D E F G
Key is being the one to move the scans, if in team have 1 person move scan, another deal with targets. This way the mastermind stays in touch with covered areas and doesn't get confused with someone else moving scans
You need a vz600i, no messing around with 4 minute scans ;)
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
christopherbyrne18
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Christopher Byrne
Company Details: Murphy Geospatial
Company Position Title: Head Of Dept Special Projects

Post by christopherbyrne18 »

I'd start with reducing the range of all scans to 10-15m max before C2C.

For any high accuracy work I'd do this regardless of scanner.

Faro data beyond 10-15m is garbage for any high accuracy work, just look at the spec sheet for 3D point accuracy and scale that out over the full range....

The long range data will introduce a lot of error into the adjustment. As someone else mentioned it's also on a vessel that's potentially moving (more error).

Had terrible problems trying to get Faro data to sit on control properly without range gating the scans when I used a Focus back in the day.

Initially though it was a control issue but it was just poor scan accuracy. This was using hundreds of B&W targets in a refinery that were all measured off a proper control network.

God speed...
tushard
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Tushar Deshmukh
Company Details: Vedam Design And Technical Consultancy
Company Position Title: Sr Scanning Engineer

Post by tushard »

Yes, we have created multiple clusters of different areas & then matched the clusters.
1.png

Also, the highest inclinometer error is 0.35
23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FARO SCENE”