I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jules Suzineau
Company Details: Cansel
Company Position Title: Quebec
Linkedin Profile: No

Georefecing external

Post by JulesCansel »

Hi guys,

I have a scan already georeferenced in cyclone. And I want to integrate it into Scene so that I can use it as a "georeference base" to georeference other scans taken later with my Faro. I don't have targets. How to do ?

Thanks in advance,
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Georefecing external

Post by Justin Richards »

Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in because it has been a long time since I last had to do it that way and someone more experienced with Cyclone could have a better way.

1. Export from cyclone to E57 and make a new project in SCENE with those scans. When you add the scans, place them in a cluster using a unique name. You may have to process them then hit manually finish on registration (because the scans are already placed). (As an extra check, I would pick some points on this scan and take note of the points coordinates to verify they have not moved later)

2. Register your scans you took with Faro scanner in a new project in SCENE, putting the scans in a cluster with a unique name.

3. Import the SCENE project you made in step 1 into your project you made in step 2 (SCENE is backwards, the scan you import will keep its location) and register them together using visual registration, but only move the faro scans cluster, don't move the one on you just imported that is already georeferenced. Register the scans together and if you added points in step one, verify that those points have not moved.

Alternatively, you could just bring the georeferenced scans into SCENE, pick points (at least 4 spread out), type those into a CSV file, then use the CSV file to apply control when everything is registered. Either way, just make sure you have good overlap between your scans you already have and the FARO scans

Return to “FARO SCENE”