I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Andrea Gavagnin
Company Details: Geolab.info Gavagnin.com
Company Position Title: Libero Professionista
Skype Name: andrealowa

Registration Onsite hardware needed SCENE

Post by Lowa »

Good morning, I have a Faro S150,
I would like to use the registration on site with more satisfaction.

Since the recording is done on the computer that is connected in WIFI, what hardware do you use?
for convenience I'm evaluating a tablet with Win10, and with what I have at the moment scans from 1/16 can manage well 20-30 scans, with recording speed during the next scan. It is a Tablet core M.
If I try with 1/4 or 1/8 scans it is too slow to record.

In the import phase, does Faro Scene recording only use a processor or does it need a graphics card? In my research I found a few tablets that have the nVidia dedicated card (surfacebook2) while all other Microsoft Surface have integrated graphics card in the processor and poor quality.

What do you use during your survey campaigns?

Andrea
sheartab
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Sheartab
Company Details: Arch Eng Design Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Registration Onsite hardware needed SCENE

Post by sheartab »

I had the same questions when i first received our S150. I tried a surfacebook pro, an HP Zbook, before finally landing on a Dell Precision 7720 VR laptop. That will allow me to quickly download and register the scans from the scanner.

That being said, it still wasn't keeping up with the scanners output. So, my current workflow is to do about 20 scans, then hotswap the memory card for a fresh one. While I scan the next 20 scans, I open SCENE and register the previous 20 into its own cluster. This way allows me to register on the fly and also not have to worry about a lost connection to the scanner (which happens ALL THE TIME).

Here is a pic of the rig that I use.
IMG_0387.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FARO SCENE”