I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Oliver Knörzer
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Senior 3D Software Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

SCENE 2go released!

Post by Oliver Knoerzer »

FARO is pleased to announce the release of SCENE 2go, the successor of SCENE WebShare 2Go 2.0.

SCENE 2go is a secure, non-internet based project sharing solution for SCENE software users. Just like in the old WebShare 2Go, users can simply save scan projects on a USB drive or any other external storage medium and view it on Windows® or macOS® computers without the need of an internet connection. It comes in form of a SCENE app and an associated viewer for the transferred project data.

Compared to WebShare 2Go, the following new features have been added:
  • The viewer is no longer based on the Chromium browser and now has the look & feel of a standard desktop application.
  • All files linked in annotations (documentation objects) in the SCENE project can now be transferred automatically.
  • There is now an offline world map that is shown when no internet connection is available.
  • The axis viewing mode of measurements now also shows the angles between the adjacent measurement segments.
  • There is now a button in the SCENE app to directly open the transferred project in the SCENE 2go viewer.
The app requires a valid SCENE software license and SCENE 7.1.

(SCENE WebShare 2Go will no longer be supported and receive software updates. It will be still available in the 3D App Center for users of SCENE Version 7.0 or below.)
Senior software engineer working for FARO on WebShare, SCENE 2go, and related products.
My webcomics: Sandra and Woo, Gaia.
JWalford
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jeanne Walford
Company Details: King County Sheriff
Company Position Title: Detective
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: SCENE 2go released!

Post by JWalford »

Thank you for this!! So far, what I've seen seems to work well and it boots up faster. The old webshare was starting to become a real problem for my agency. Many of the USB webshares that we were sharing with other Detectives and Prosecutors were getting corrupted and broken by our County's anti-virus software. McAfee would eliminate google chromium portable, thus rendering the flash drive unusable. This was the solution we needed. Most of our user's computers are not beefy enough to run Scene LT, and people just want to be able to take simple crime scene measurements, without having to learn and maintain a separate program.
gschofield
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Greg Schofield
Company Details: Humber College
Company Position Title: Instructor - Forensic Program

Post by gschofield »

I'll second everything Jeanne said.
Oliver Knoerzer
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Oliver Knörzer
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Senior 3D Software Engineer

Post by Oliver Knoerzer »

I did not want to create a new thread for this, but wanted to mention this workaround for a problem on macOS:

If you get the error “Cannot GET /s2go.html” when starting SCENE 2go on macOS, you can find a solution in the following knowledge base article: https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/FAR ... Fs2go.html
Senior software engineer working for FARO on WebShare, SCENE 2go, and related products.
My webcomics: Sandra and Woo, Gaia.

Return to “FARO SCENE”