I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: William Hart Rabbino
Company Details: Kestrel Construction
Company Position Title: Co-Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Transferring files

Post by Wannascan »

Hello all,
This is something I have read about in the past but have not encountered until now. After hours of struggling with scene and then finally getting the registration right I transferred the file to my storage drive and went at it again with a fresh copy of the file to see if I could do it better a second time. Well long story short I gave up since it was well past my bed time and deleted the newer copy I was playing with and then transferred the copy that I spent so much time on back into the projects folder. Now I think everything is good but I go to open today and there are five files that say they havent been fully processed and when I try to process they fail. I think this is due to the transfering of the files where something was lost or corrupted. Does anyone else have these sorts of problems?
I have read about others using a program that makes sure a fully copy is transferred? But I cant remember where I saw this.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Transferring files

Post by dhirota »

When we load a scan project on a work space, we load the RAW scan into a folder named RAW and then copy/create a folder named PROCESSED. The two folders are compared using an old program named "DiskFrontier" to see if all the sub-folders are copied correctly. You can Google the "DiskFrontier" to download it from several sources. It will show you the amount of spaced used in all the sub-directories for both folders with a single click for each folder.

Here is a link to someone's idea of the 10 best free tools to check on HDD space.

https://www.howtogeek.com/113012/10-bes ... indows-pc/
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]

Return to “FARO SCENE”