V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Zoltan Ferenczy
Company Details: ClearEdge3D
Company Position Title: Industry Strategist
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Scans to Autodesk ReCap

Post by zoltan »

Earlier I had noticed that scans exported from Faro Scene did not show the intensity data correctly in ReCap. I had made a post about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=158&t=11010

I recently had time to test 5 different ways of taking scan data from Faro Scene to Autodesk ReCap.

1. Take the scans directly from the Scanner into ReCap.
2. Export FLS files from Scene without applying pictures.
3. Export a ReCap project from Scene without applying pictures.
4. Export FLS files from Scene after applying pictures.
5. Export a ReCap project from Scene after applying pictures.
Results.JPG
My test shows that once the scans are colorized in Scene by applying the pictures, ReCap does not show the Intensity view correctly. The developer at Autodesk claims that this may be a bug in the Faro SDK and the intensity values are no longer available after the color is applied in Scene. Is this true? What would be the cause for this?

Also, when a ReCap project is exported directly from Scene, the intensity view is missing the zero-distance points that are visible in the color view and in both views when FLS files are indexed in ReCap. Is this a problem with Scene not sending those data to the ReCap engine, or something not correct in ReCap? This is discussed here
viewtopic.php?f=158&t=10578 when the problem showed up in color views with the Scene 6.0 SDK, but it has been corrected in the later versions. Is it still a problem in Intensity views?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FARO SCENE”