Faro Scene 2021 - Performance Issues

Discuss all FARO SCENE related software issues here.
robjlg
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Roberto João Lopes Garcia
Company Details: Laser scanning services
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: robjlg
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Faro Scene 2021 - Performance Issues

Post by robjlg »

Thomas Rexer wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:14 am We updated the On-Site Compensation procedure (OSC) and reduced the scan angle to speed-up the OSC scan and post-processing in Scene (2021.1 or higher). This will save time.

There is an updated article and description in our KB: https://knowledge.faro.com/Hardware/3D_ ... s_S_Series.
This new, updated KB article describes the best practice for the setup in detail. I recommend to follow these new instructions and setup precisely.

It's more important now to accurately align the scanner parallel to the wall with targets when prompted in Scene before the real OSC scan is started (before clicking the button “Scan & Compensate”).

In using the described setup you should receive a TargetImage as shown in the picture below.
Regards, Thomas

targetImage.jpg
Just to check, the article state a new (better) targets disposition and there are a link to a PDF file with the targets. Does the targets remain as was before?

That is, can I use my old printed targets? Or it has changed and should I print a new set of targets from this PDF?

Thank you

Roberto

Return to “FARO SCENE”