Reg360. I can't pìck targets at all

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
geopollo
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: José Martínez Rubio
Company Details: Accupixel LTD
Company Position Title: CTO

Reg360. I can't pìck targets at all

Post by geopollo »

I'm really pissed off with the current version of Cyclone reg 360 plus. I cannot pick targets. Neither fit black and white nor place virtual ones. Why? Anyone else?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Reg360. I can't pìck targets at all

Post by geomontgomery »

Fitting a target can fail if there's not enough points to calculate a vertex. The virtual target should work, as long as you are selecting a cloud point with your cursor. Is it possible you are selecting on the black area where there are no points when trying to fit a virtual target?
geopollo
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: José Martínez Rubio
Company Details: Accupixel LTD
Company Position Title: CTO

Post by geopollo »

No, I have zoomed in and tried tenths of times over very points. I understand that a decent amount of points is required for a proper B/W target fit, but virtual targets should work well. But it seems the point picker is not working.
Another "super cool feature". I have imported over 150 scans in the same operation. All with the same settings. Import pictures ON. All scans have pictures (I can see them it in field app) and are shown with panoramic image... but cyclone has applied to color alternating yes-no-yes-no-yes-no... I have realised only after I have cleaned (removed cars) refined cloud to cloud alignement, etc. Batch import images from the rtc360 store folder does not resolve the issue.

youtu.be/FiZkna2C6T8
The funniest thing is if I select a few of the same group of scans and import them again with the same setting, they are all coloured as expected. wtf! how can I get colors for the gray scans without repeating all the process?.
Another one. The program almost consistently crashes if while using smooth surface selection for cleaning one clicks on a different setup in the bundle list before exit smooth surface selection.
I have too many crashes a day, If it weren't for the fact that the program works in protected mode and everything is always saved, I would have thrown this program to hell a long time ago and looked for a more robust one. By the way, any recommendations? how realworks compares to cyclone register when it comes to the process of aligning, referencing and cleaning scans.
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Kruse »

Just going back to basics, but are you running the scanner on the latest firmware V6.01 and Register 360+ on the 2023.0.3 version?

We've noticed issues where some setups are imported with images and others are not, but it was due to the scanner being on the latest firmware and Register 360 being on an older version (in our case a 2022 version of Reg360). After updating Register 360+ to the latest, that issue never came back.

In the past when we've had issues with pick points not working it was partially due to Windows scaling and messing with the program when we had users with 4K monitors. See the attached on how to change the DPI/scaling of Register 360+ with Windows. It'd be worth trying even if you don't use 4K monitors and are on 1080p ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pursetag
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Phillip Melton
Company Details: Arctic Circle Air
Company Position Title: Marketer

Post by pursetag »

geopollo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:53 pm No, I have zoomed in and tried tenths of times over very points. I understand that a decent amount of points is required for a proper B/W target fit, but virtual targets should work well. But it seems the point picker is not working.
Another "super cool feature". I have imported over 150 scans in the same operation. All with the same settings. Import pictures ON. All scans have pictures (I can see them it in field app) and are shown with panoramic image... but cyclone has applied to color alternating yes-no-yes-no-yes-no... I have realised only after I have cleaned (removed cars) refined cloud to cloud alignement, etc. Batch import images from the rtc360 store folder does not resolve the issue.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/FiZkna2C6T8geometry dash world[/youtube]
The funniest thing is if I select a few of the same group of scans and import them again with the same setting, they are all coloured as expected. wtf! how can I get colors for the gray scans without repeating all the process?.
Another one. The program almost consistently crashes if while using smooth surface selection for cleaning one clicks on a different setup in the bundle list before exit smooth surface selection.
I have too many crashes a day, If it weren't for the fact that the program works in protected mode and everything is always saved, I would have thrown this program to hell a long time ago and looked for a more robust one. By the way, any recommendations? how realworks compares to cyclone register when it comes to the process of aligning, referencing and cleaning scans.
Have you updated to the latest version? I think this problem can also occur due to the physical installation location.
FrancesLippitt
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: FrancesLippitt
Company Details: FrancesLippitt
Company Position Title: FrancesLippitt
Skype Name: FrancesLippitt

Post by FrancesLippitt »

pursetag wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:21 am
geopollo wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:53 pm No, I have zoomed in and tried tenths of times over very points. I understand that a decent amount of points is required for a proper B/W target fit, but virtual targets should work well. But it seems the point picker is not working.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/FiZkna2C6T8rice purity test[/youtube]
Have you updated to the latest version? I think this problem can also occur due to the physical installation location.
I updated to the latest version, there's no problem, bro.
Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Partnership
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Post by Jamesrye »

We're just about to purchase REG360+, but reading this post gives me pause for thought.

I am curious to now if users are finding the software to be a useable replacement to Cyclone Core. Because I've completely reverted back to CORE for the moment. REG360 (not +) is just too flakey. Crashing, poor target fits etc... In fact, we have had situations where two clouds will not align in REG360, but load them into CORE and use 3 point picking and the clouds align perfect.

One of the great things about Core is that if a target was poorly scanned (say the surveyor forgot to turn the target), then you could copy it to a new modelspace and use the circular limit box to kind of locate the center of the target even if there weren't enough points. You'd just make a vertex and then drag it into place. NOT ideal and not recommended practice, but useful.
butucaru.andrei
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: ANDREI BUTUCARU
Company Details: G2 Survey Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Support Manager

Post by butucaru.andrei »

Hi James,

I've just sent a PM now.
Please get in touch for a Reg360 catch up, if needed.

Thanks,
Andrei
Andrei Butucaru
Technical Support Manager
G2 Survey LTD-Leica Authorised Distributor and BLK Premium Partner in the UK
andrei.butucaru(at)g2survey.com
CutterShea
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Cutter Shea
Company Details: Laser Scanner Manufacturer
Company Position Title: Support Engineer

Post by CutterShea »

The picture appears to show a checkerboard target on the ground, a fair distance away from the scanner (I assume the area of no data is the scanner location). If my assumptions are correct this is not the ideal angle of incident. The automatic target features are designed to recognize targets that are normal (90 degree incidence, directly in front and facing towards) to the scanner.

For your current situation use the "mark virtual target" and manually select the middle of the targets.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”