Cloud to Cloud between RTC360 and P40 scans

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
nathanpro
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Nathan
Company Details: Construction
Company Position Title: Virtual Design
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cloud to Cloud between RTC360 and P40 scans

Post by nathanpro »

Hello, I have a large scan that we recently completed of an airport baggage system. To do so, we used both an RTC360 and P40 to collect the data... Both scanners overlapped in many spots and we used targets to tie in one type to the other... the issue is there is some slight variance from one side to the other. We have brought all the scans into Cyclone Core after first registering the 360 scans in Register 360 and the P40 scans in core and would like to run cloud to cloud on all the scans rather than running cloud to cloud on just the p40 scans and just the 360 scans separately. Is there any way to create a new registration that allows us to do this with all the scans? We are close to 800 setups and it takes a lot of time to manipulate so experimenting is not very helpful in this regard. Any suggestions would be much appreciated and I can answer any questions you may have.
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Re: Cloud to Cloud between RTC360 and P40 scans

Post by geomontgomery »

nathanpro wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:19 pm We have brought all the scans into Cyclone Core after first registering the 360 scans in Register 360 and the P40 scans in core and would like to run cloud to cloud on all the scans rather than running cloud to cloud on just the p40 scans and just the 360 scans separately.
Is there a reason you're not pulling all the scans into Register 360 instead of Cyclone Core? Register 360 will import P-series scans. Once you finalize the registration in Reg360 you could then import the project into Cyclone Core, if you needed to.
Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Partnership
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Post by Jamesrye »

I would use CORE to complete this registration.

I'd make 2 registrations, the P40 and then the RTC360, which it sounds like you've done.

Now got to the RTC360 registration and under 'registration', choose 'import registration' and select your P40 reg. Now just link one of the P40 scans using cloud align to one of the RTC360 scans. Then you should have all the data registered together. Just auto add cloud constraints for some more of those P40 scans and it should all be good.

The variance that you describe could be down to a bad c2c link in your RTC scans.
JNally
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Joe Nally
Company Details: EPS
Company Position Title: Lead Surveyor

Post by JNally »

I agree with James, use CORE. The UI may not look as "pretty" as Reg360, but in my opinion it just gives better results. I would register all the P40 data together first and QA it, once you know its nice and tight use that as your "Control" while registering your RTC data. Then QA again, and add in your geolocation.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”