Register360 to ReCap Picture Quality Deterioration

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Register360 to ReCap Picture Quality Deterioration

Post by Kruse »

EricGuizzetti_SK wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:26 pm
Kruse wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:36 pm
JNally wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:34 am I have been asking this question for a while now with Leica. If you export an LGS file to use in cloudworx. Then go and view it in the LGS viewer you will see the "full quality" image. However using it in non leica software doesn't carry over the full quality image. As of writing this I have not been given a workaround or found one myself.
Interesting... We export e57's with every single dataset and then they get uploaded to Cintoo Cloud. While the e57 and Cintoo don't accept or use the HDR images (if they're even included in the e57), we haven't seen any degradation in photo quality when comparing Cintoo to Register 360/Leica TruView.
If your importing in Cintoo why are you just exporting Recap files from Register 360 and uploading those?
Because exporting an RCP with Setups from Register 360 takes an order of magnitude longer to export compared to the structured e57 options. We don't use the RCP (with setups) for anything, just the unified RCS point cloud when we want to bring the point cloud directly into autodesk software. Our trades/people with access have the option to download the full RCS point cloud through our shared cloud servers or they can selectively download an RCS from Cintoo using the clipping boxes for the area they want. Exporting and using a structured/full RCP with all the backup files/folders is way to heavy for nearly all our applications... When we need scanner imagery, we just use the e57 through Cintoo or the LGSx file and TruViewer since those options are much lighter and easier to work with.
Carbix
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Loney
Company Details: Excelsior Measuring
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Register360 to ReCap Picture Quality Deterioration

Post by Carbix »

on import make sure your settings look like this
Screenshot 2024-05-15 114659.png
when ready to export
create a new report (Do NOT reuse an old one)
export e57 only (no decimation, No crops, NOTHING 0_0)
Make sure your setting look like this
Screenshot 2024-05-15 114718.png
Next time we meet you buy beers.

that's all the steps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daniel Loney - Owner
Excelsior Measuring inc.
Vancouver - Okanagan - Calgary
www.ExcelsiorLevel.com

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”