RTC360 FW 5.0.1 is it really requested?

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: RTC360 FW 5.0.1 is it really requested?

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

badam wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:41 pm
stevenramsey wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:15 pm I think your trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The RTC took 5 years to develop and at the end you want to slap in any old memory stick picked up at the local supermarket. Inside it is a industrial grade (like all Leica memory) certivifed for storage/temp and USB specs. the shape (and firmware) are designed to avoid using external devises (yes we have tried) the shape is to stop damaging the internals by forcing a USB stick in the wrong way around.

The most valuable thing about the RTC is the data you collect I would treat that with all the respect it deserves
I didn't start this topic because of the pendrive. As i've told you i like that feature i can live with that if it works with only their usb until they sell it, but what if they stop selling it in the near future? and force you to buy a new scanner just because your usb is not working, or let say they build a new battery and you cannot use them bacuse it requires a given firmware version. But you cannot use that version because you cannot use those data in older software...

I'd not just put in 2usd cheap usb drive but it certainly shouldn't cost what is it currently. For 1000 usd you can get very good drives multiple times. with more random RW speed which is what it is doing during scans.

You can buy 4tb m.2 ssd for that price what they sell it to you. And it would have so much more performance, but of course that is not apropriate size for the device. but there are several good or even better drives on the market, for tenth of that price.
It's all about the $$$

With a high end Riegl you can transfer data with a 10$ stick. That industrial grade is just rubbish. Your firmware and other concerns are real.

I will never forget Leica xcame here to demo a p40. They knew i was also intested in a Riegl. Yeah but that range you don't need that, it's overkill. I asked them if soimething new was about to come. No no

I buy a Riegl and 2 weeks after that a P50 comes out where the same rep goes on and on about how great scanning 1000m is.

Enough said.... That's why i will never buy Leica gear, ever...
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”