Export PTG from R360

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
JLarson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jason Larson
Company Details: VHB
Company Position Title: Geomatics Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Export PTG from R360

Post by JLarson »

Quick question: I have an R360 project that has both RTC360 and BLK2GO data registered together in a single bundle. I would like to export the RTC data to PTG for use in Edgewise. When I go to Publish the PTG option is greyed out. My guess is that this is because there is unstructured BLK2GO data in the DB. I moved the BLK2GO scans to a separate SiteMap (still part of the Bundle), but the PTG option is still greyed out. Am I missing something?
Jason Larson, PLS
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Re: Export PTG from R360

Post by smacl »

Do you have a publisher license? Many export formats will be greyed out in this case.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
JLarson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jason Larson
Company Details: VHB
Company Position Title: Geomatics Manager

Post by JLarson »

Yes, Publisher, but not Publisher Pro. Not sure if they moved PTG over to the Pro version or not (wouldn't think so).
Jason Larson, PLS
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by badam »

JLarson wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:23 pm Quick question: I have an R360 project that has both RTC360 and BLK2GO data registered together in a single bundle. I would like to export the RTC data to PTG for use in Edgewise. When I go to Publish the PTG option is greyed out. My guess is that this is because there is unstructured BLK2GO data in the DB. I moved the BLK2GO scans to a separate SiteMap (still part of the Bundle), but the PTG option is still greyed out. Am I missing something?
I heard that (never came across because lack of interests in 2go) you can export structured clouds only if you already has a finelazied registration when there is a 2go walk...

I just don't understand why can't they just made it available to export separatelly in one go.
The best would be "export separated structured e57" option and if there is a blk2go walk, then export it as unstructured and structured the tls setups...and every walks should go in their own separated e57...

let the user do whatever he/she wants with it. Without data loss (reference which points was in which walk.)
daniel.jansson
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Daniel Jansson
Company Details: Teodoliten Mätteknik AB
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Consultant

Post by daniel.jansson »

JLarson wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:23 pm I moved the BLK2GO scans to a separate SiteMap (still part of the Bundle), but the PTG option is still greyed out. Am I missing something?
Might be obvious but I ask anyway to rule out stuff. When you moved it to a separate sitemap, in the finalize step, did you only select the sitemap with RTC data and uncheck the blk2go sitemap?

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”