TruView -importing COEs don't retain position?

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
RHadf86
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ross Hadford
Company Details: Challenger Geomatics
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

TruView -importing COEs don't retain position?

Post by RHadf86 »

Hi all,

I'm having some issues attempting to import some information into a TruView for a client. Hoping to give a general idea of underground pipe network along with the point cloud.

I found that I can create 3d solids from pipe network objects in Civil3D - I would then drop these into the published TruView of the area. This is all using the same coordinate system - I've used CloudWorx for drawing the site with this LGS file, and exporting the 3D solids as a COE and importing them into Cyclone core lands them exactly where they should be.

When I then drag and drop them into TruView they don’t land in any consistent spot. All documentation says them they should just be brought in to the same coordinate system, but that is not the case. I’ve also exported the 3D solid as a *.ifc, and this imports correctly. However, when you zoom and pan around the TruView it doesn’t render consistently – flickers, doesn’t appear circular etc. Doesn’t seem ideal.

I’ve also exported a few TruViews thinking it could just be an issue with a .LGS file. Same result.

I’m wondering if I’m missing a step or someone is aware of a workaround?

Thanks in advance.
Pihlis
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Janne Pihlajaniemi
Company Details: Companydetails
Company Position Title: Title
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: TruView -importing COEs don't retain position?

Post by Pihlis »

Did you found a solution for this problem?

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”