LGS TruView - Without Images

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 related issues here.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: LGS TruView - Without Images

Post by pburrows145 »

steves01x wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:59 pm
pburrows145 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 pm
steves01x wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:17 pm

Thanks Paul - will there be a Mac Truviewer?
No, but TruView LIVE will work on any browser - so this is a route for MAC users to access data hosted on Cyclone ENTERPRISE
All our recent Mac users want it offline and/or at no extra cost like PC users - never known so many Mac users in such a short period of time! :lol:
Like I said in another post, something to consider.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

pburrows145 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:45 am
steves01x wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:59 pm
pburrows145 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 pm

No, but TruView LIVE will work on any browser - so this is a route for MAC users to access data hosted on Cyclone ENTERPRISE
All our recent Mac users want it offline and/or at no extra cost like PC users - never known so many Mac users in such a short period of time! :lol:
Like I said in another post, something to consider.
Saw that post thanks.

We have been carrying out jobs for a lot more small to medium sized clients and the architects/designers appear to all be on Macs - not something you would ever encounter on the larger jobs/frameworks.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Re: Cyclone Enterprise & My opinion

Post by gsisman »

Hey Leica, we're waiting patiently......
Feb is gone, March is half gone, April is coming....
Waiting for the Release of the other HALF of the Cyclone 2021 Suite with Truview Global items now ported to the Cyclone Enterprise (Jetstream) platform for account management.
I'd like to see some more global support for other scanning systems, something along the lines of ESRI's global support for input of almost ANY GIS data in the world. You need to work harder on collaboration....scanners are just part of the picture....and the profit margins on Software for the manufacturers/developers are much higher after development ROI. I know-I used to work for you guys. The financial savings in processing time and workflows is much higher for the end-user in the long run than any cost of a scanner that is manufactured well, as many on this forum have stated and anyone who has spent decades processing RAW data of any kind can tell you.

I'm certainly not a Leica "evangelist", but I know a good product when I've used it and looked "under the hood" . Business of scale has always been a difficult thing for any company to grasp, and technology changes make it difficult to stay on one path too long and stay on the "front of the wave", but Hexagon does a pretty good job of it-if you consider the cost and long term benefit before.
Just get away from that "EAGLEPONT state of mind" of the 90's where you segmented every freaking feature- that didn't work out too well for them in the long run. Also avoid as much as possible the Autodesk mantra of a few years ago, that may still be out there of "Learn, Un-learn, Re-learn" (yes that was actually said by a Autodesk Evangelist at a Product seminar). It's terribly hard veterans who have worked for 10-20 years with a product to change the entire look and feel of a product quickly as you evolve with the technology.....For those looking to grow their scanning influence and collaboration, I'm speaking from a public sector frame of reference (which contrary to most thought -still has very strict purchasing control and justification-at least at the local level). As a quote from a popular book I've recently reviewed says "Begin with the end in mind". The Public sector has much longer purchasing cycles and planning is critical. Justification for many who control the purse and yet are not even familiar with "ground-level" Engineering/GIS/Surveying process/workflow requires some creativity and wide-angle views, especially for Enterprise wide applications.
As a positive comment, I have seen more integration of client/user base requests in the release of the Cyclone family products in the last 15 years than most software I've used, (but still not enough open source collaboration in the critical areas as I would prefer)
Hopefully, in the professional field, more influence from the end-users/purchasers (and thus the people who make the stock-holders wealthier) will steer more and more of the direction of where the products go in development in the future. It does seem a lot better than it was 20-25 years ago when I was in that segment of the industry.

https://www.screencast.com/t/O7htgaCvT5
piotr.pioro
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Piotr Pioro
Company Details: P3D
Company Position Title: owner

Post by piotr.pioro »

Hi,

Issue #1
I am using Cyclone core 2021.0, I would like to export .lgs file without images and point clouds, only Pano colored by intensity value. I deselected option "includ HDR images" but at the end I still have .lgs file with images from scanner.

Is there an option to export .lgs file without color information?

Issue #2
When I enabled/disabled option "includ HDR images" during generating /lgs file, I can not see any difference in new LeicaTruView software (standalone). When I use old JetStream Viewer there is an option to show/hide hdr images. How can I enabladed HDR option in new Leica TruView viewer?

best,
Piotr

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”