Importing Pre-Registered Scans in Register 360

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
TigerAC3
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Adam
Company Details: Manufacturing
Company Position Title: Engineer

Importing Pre-Registered Scans in Register 360

Post by TigerAC3 »

I am trying to import 252 PTG files into Register 360. These are being imported into a new project. It took around an hour or so to get from 1 to 88% on the progress bar, but is now sitting at 88% as shown in the screenshot. It has been importing for a total of ~16 hours now. It states that it is finding links for the previously registered setups in SiteMap. The program doesn't seem to be locked up. Looking in the task manager the process is constantly using around 5% CPU usage and reading ~5MB/s from the project data drive. Is this normal? How long does it normally take to find the links for pre-registered scan?

The system has decent specs, i7-7820HK with 32GB of ram.

Thank in advance for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gcutting
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Guy Cutting
Company Details: Leica HDS
Company Position Title: REGISTER 360 Product manager

Re: Importing Pre-Registered Scans in Register 360

Post by Gcutting »

When using Pre-Registered for importing scan data the program is making links between setups, but it keeping the original transformations. The links created show the how well the setups are joined.

With the computer, you are using and the number of setups I would expect the import to not take this long. REGISTER 360 makes good use of dedicated graphics cards, but if you have an Intel integrated graphics card then this may be why you are seeing the extended import times.
TigerAC3
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by TigerAC3 »

The system has a GTX 1080 so that shouldn't be the issue.

Like I previously said, what I find interesting is that nothing is heavily loaded. GPU is under 10% utilization, CPU around 5%, and the drive is reading at a low rate.

At around 21 hours since I started the import now. I will continue to let it run overnight and see what happens.
TigerAC3
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by TigerAC3 »

Just an update, after 36 hours the importing has completed.
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Phil Marsh »

Can I ask why you wanted to import preregistered scans into reg360?
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gsisman »

Phil Marsh wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm Can I ask why you wanted to import preregistered scans into reg360?
Phil

We will be doing a lot of this with scans that we did in the BLK before we had the BLK data MAnager that worked.
We still can only access the BLK360 through a lap top WiFi (only recently acquired) and our Mini USB Wifi's have not worked so far (3 different models including the B/G/N version we acquired last week). We only have ealrier BLK360 Data from RECAP, (since that was the only way we could previously get data off the BLK and we had deleted the RAW data from the scanner to make room for more current scans. After Registering AND EDITING THE CLOUD USING LIMIT BOXES, CLIPPING AND REGIONS in Recap Pro, We could export out of Recap in E57. We will probably convert those to Jetstream for Civil 3D extraction using Cloudworx. It's very likely in the future we will get different formats from scanners from our consultants and import them to get them in Jetstream format.
Incidently, with only a Register 360 license and a BASE Cyclone license, can we import an e57 or other already registered project into Cyclone and publish it to Jetstream?
TigerAC3
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by TigerAC3 »

Phil Marsh wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm Can I ask why you wanted to import preregistered scans into reg360?
Initially we outsourced the scanning of my entire facility and they gave us the PTG files as part of the deliverable. They added control points throughout so now the plan is to scan and update the overall scan as changes are made in the facility.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”