Register 360 Failed to Create the point cloud

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
CJacob
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Christopher Jacobson
Company Details: VREdit
Company Position Title: Founder

Register 360 Failed to Create the point cloud

Post by CJacob »

Hi there, I could use some help over here.

I'm new to this program, and we are doing a hell of a big project as a starting project. There are 890 setups!

Once everything has been linked properly, with acceptable errors, all in one bundle, I finalize and try to register.

After 5h waiting, I have the following message:

"Create Deliverable Result: Failed: Failed to create the point cloud:CreatePointCloud : Error Finalizing point cloud: (path inside my computer to project fowlder.hpc)
E57 Publish results:Failed: No deliverable selected"
I don't put the screenshot for clients privacy issues (names in the path)

As a quick guess.... it's too big, so I'm doing Versions with peaces of the project (keeping, of course, the original as version 1). This will take me a while, but I'd like to have already your opinions on what's going wrong.

I would like to know if:
-This is a known issue?
-What is causing this?
-What can I do to do it right?

You can be sure that any help will be very well welcome.
mmarsault
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Matthieu Marsault
Company Details: Murphy Surveys Ltd.
Company Position Title: Laser Scanning Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Register 360 Failed to Create the point cloud

Post by mmarsault »

- are you registerting the 890 scans together in one project?
- if yes, do you need to have them together ? could break down in 2 or 3 projects ?
360 is not meant to have so many scans I believe
JLarson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jason Larson
Company Details: VHB
Company Position Title: Geomatics Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by JLarson »

I've had this problem pop up if I export once, and then try to export again after adding more data to the project. I needed to go and delete the reference to the export in the "Deliverables" section on the Report tab.
Jason Larson, PLS
CJacob
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Christopher Jacobson
Company Details: VREdit
Company Position Title: Founder

Post by CJacob »

Thanks for your reply.

Do I need them all in one bundle?: Yes and no. Actually, the real answer turned out to be no. There was a communication problem with the ones who will treat the data. But yes, I thought I had to. I fact it's the opposite, they want it in small peaces... you can imagine how this news hit me like a cold shower.

Yes, you are right, 360 wasn't made for that amount. However, somebody forgot to mention me that. I cut the project in parts to make the delivery.
winslowkr
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Kevin Winslow
Company Details: Olsson
Company Position Title: Surveying-Reality Capture-107 UAV Pilot

Post by winslowkr »

JLarson wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:18 pm I've had this problem pop up if I export once, and then try to export again after adding more data to the project. I needed to go and delete the reference to the export in the "Deliverables" section on the Report tab.
I am having the same error as CJacob was having. (See attached photo). I am not following the instructions or solution you posted above. Any suggestions you have would be a huge help. My project is only 170 - P40 Scans. I have tried to start over from scratch and got the same error the 2nd time through. I'm using Version: 1.5.1 (r13246). I have also tried to import the project into cyclone 9.2 without any luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Winslow
Surveying/Reality Capture/UAV Pilot
Olsson
Felix_the_Cat
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Felix
Company Details: Lockheed Martin
Company Position Title: Senior Member Engineering Staff

Post by Felix_the_Cat »

In the reports tab, as he says, over on the left side, there is a thing that says "deliverables" or some such thing. On it, there is a name, typically the name of your project I believe. This name can only be used once. After the first output, you will get the error you experience. You need to double click on the actual name in that section and change it. Once you do that it will let you output again. Its asinine. But you have to do it. Every time.

Of course its right there in the help file, you know, the help file that sits right next to santa claus, left handed unicorns and a quick trip to the DMV.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

Felix_the_Cat wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:55 am In the reports tab, as he says, over on the left side, there is a thing that says "deliverables" or some such thing. On it, there is a name, typically the name of your project I believe. This name can only be used once. After the first output, you will get the error you experience. You need to double click on the actual name in that section and change it. Once you do that it will let you output again. Its asinine. But you have to do it. Every time.

Of course its right there in the help file, you know, the help file that sits right next to santa claus, left handed unicorns and a quick trip to the DMV.
:lol:
winslowkr
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts

Post by winslowkr »

After working with Leica support The fix ended up being a lack of hard drive space on the drive that my temp folder was pointed. I changed the drive location to a drive that had tons of room and the export went through without a problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Winslow
Olsson
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

winslowkr wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:37 pm After working with Leica support The fix ended up being a lack of hard drive space on the drive that my temp folder was pointed. I changed the drive location to a drive that had tons of room and the export went through without a problem.
Yep, recently had the same item happen. Learned from them that best practices are probably to work with 3 different drives because of the read/write activity load
One for import of RAW data, one for the actual Project storage location, and one for the Temp files location for Cyclone & Reg 360

My workflow now is to use my Local 1GB Solid State Drive for the Project, The NAS to import RAW data from and a local extra HDD 2gb drive for the Tempfile location.
After the project is registered I transfer it to the NAS (usually an overnight process because it affecting performance on other 3D programs I'm running throughout the day)
That way until the new software comes out in late April/early May?? (Which will allow a Read/Rebuild/Registry of the Register 360 directory/Jetstream server directory), we can just swap C:\ProgramData\Leica Geosystems\Cyclone REGISTER 360\ServerDb.db files back and forth between our workstations that run Register 360 and either of our internal cloud editors can work off the NAS on the Reg 360 projects.
winslowkr
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts

Post by winslowkr »

gsisman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:32 pm That way until the new software comes out in late April/early May?? (Which will allow a Read/Rebuild/Registry of the Register 360 directory/Jetstream server directory), we can just swap C:\ProgramData\Leica Geosystems\Cyclone REGISTER 360\ServerDb.db files back and forth between our workstations that run Register 360 and either of our internal cloud editors can work off the NAS on the Reg 360 projects.
I assume this is why I can never get projects to finalize once I have move projects from workstation to workstation? Can you tell me more and or link to a thread on the forum?
Kevin Winslow
Olsson

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”