Register 360 -Registration Reports rerun

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Register 360 -Registration Reports rerun

Post by gsisman »

We have a copy of Cyclone Register 360. Slowly trying out the items as there is very little documentation and there is no training for several weeks.
Has anyone tried to re-export items or re-generate a report and been blocked because a report was already written? We want to regenerate various reports and can't find the secret to delete the report listed at the left side panel. I have done it before but doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason when it allows you to delete. Once it is deleted it then lets you run another report export sequence. Help!!
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Re: Register 360 -Registration Reports rerun

Post by pburrows145 »

Just double click into the Project name in the left hand panel (when in the report stage) and add a number to differentiate it. Then your problem should go away :D

If you get stuck, or need further guidance, let me know.

Are you aware of the "Assistant" panel in REGISTER 360 - it's full of videos and helpful tips for each stage of the packge, The help file is also very useful.

Also, an e-learning course for the program will be going live for all valid CCP customers very soon!
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

pburrows145 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:52 pm Just double click into the Project name in the left hand panel (when in the report stage) and add a number to differentiate it. Then your problem should go away :D

If you get stuck, or need further guidance, let me know.

Are you aware of the "Assistant" panel in REGISTER 360 - it's full of videos and helpful tips for each stage of the packge, The help file is also very useful.

Also, an e-learning course for the program will be going live for all valid CCP customers very soon!
Thanks Paul, my cohort found this out by chance (we are pros at fiddling. BUT-WHERE in the documentation does it say this or are we missing something
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

It is fixed/changed in next release - not 100% sure there are notes about it in the current release. I will check and report back.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

Paul,
Since you seem to be the go-to guy on this forum on the Leica side. Another Register 360 issue..
Thanks. We are awaiting the two hour online training, but have also run into a couple of weird glitches pertaining to the picking of targets in Register 360
We are working on Civil type projects, and as such require placed targets (on control points) in the field.
We’ve scanned on high resolution the setups that are in the vicinity of these GRID -COORDINATE targets. We are using 4” round BW Leica targets at about 20-40’. On some of the other scans we use lower density.
We register cloud to cloud either automatically (hardly ever accurate or works on exterior civil jobs on low density) or use visual alignment to perform.
When Register 360 automatically extracts the targets on import or by identifying the black and white target in the in-Station Scan setup (Sometimes it succeeds and sometimes doesn’t), it doesn’t seem to be in the center of the target .(Not even close to the preciseness of Cyclone Register which we have used already).
When we go to “REFIT” them using the tools, the movement doe NOT mirror the location of the mouse pointer on the screen at all. It sometimes hardly moves other times it jumps way beyond the actual visible scan points in the region of the center of the target.
It also seems to change pitch and yaw on the axis’ which are visible when you are REFITTING a target point. It is VERY inconsistent and sometimes it will eventually “jump” to a point that is CLOSE to the center of the BW target, but not the closest. It is very frustrating.
We’ll then put smart labels on them that match our TXT control file we are importing
Is there something we are doing wrong here? We are always in the Station cloud setting when picking, editing and refitting the target as that is the only screen that allows it.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

I will ask the guys in San Ramon about this. I know for the next release (July/Aug), the target algorithm has been over-hauled and looks now a lot more like Cyclone auto-extraction, so this perhaps will resolve the issues you are seeing. I cannot comment as I am running a beta, so these issues are likely not present.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

gsisman wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:28 pm Paul,
Since you seem to be the go-to guy on this forum on the Leica side. Another Register 360 issue..
Thanks. We are awaiting the two hour online training, but have also run into a couple of weird glitches pertaining to the picking of targets in Register 360
We are working on Civil type projects, and as such require placed targets (on control points) in the field.
We’ve scanned on high resolution the setups that are in the vicinity of these GRID -COORDINATE targets. We are using 4” round BW Leica targets at about 20-40’. On some of the other scans we use lower density.
We register cloud to cloud either automatically (hardly ever accurate or works on exterior civil jobs on low density) or use visual alignment to perform.
When Register 360 automatically extracts the targets on import or by identifying the black and white target in the in-Station Scan setup (Sometimes it succeeds and sometimes doesn’t), it doesn’t seem to be in the center of the target .(Not even close to the preciseness of Cyclone Register which we have used already).
When we go to “REFIT” them using the tools, the movement doe NOT mirror the location of the mouse pointer on the screen at all. It sometimes hardly moves other times it jumps way beyond the actual visible scan points in the region of the center of the target.
It also seems to change pitch and yaw on the axis’ which are visible when you are REFITTING a target point. It is VERY inconsistent and sometimes it will eventually “jump” to a point that is CLOSE to the center of the BW target, but not the closest. It is very frustrating.
We’ll then put smart labels on them that match our TXT control file we are importing
Is there something we are doing wrong here? We are always in the Station cloud setting when picking, editing and refitting the target as that is the only screen that allows it.

Well here we are 3 years later and posting on the same issue with the newest version of REG 360

https://www.screencast.com/t/FoOpp9te

This time we brought in a legacy Metal bridge project that was processed in Cyclone originally, published to RECAP at some point to use in Civil 3D (Before we owned Cloudworx.
I then imported the older RECAP file back into REG 360 yesterday in order to Publish it to LGS and Cyclone Enterprise.
When imported as already registered, it came in with several links and several USER links.
https://www.screencast.com/t/OtDTJij6po6
Wanted to tighten it up to have a good Reg 360 project with it. We DON'T have Cyclone Core (Previous Job was a rental period of the software).
So it picked up some of the 6" B/W targets from the original scan that were present in the scan, others it didn't pick up at all and I had to pick then and manually label. However some of the most dense targets it either wouldn't pick as B/W Target or really pick wrong and then not allow a proper "REFIT" -it just jumped around? I had to Virtually Pick several of the Densely scanned targets (it was a P20 that scanned the original scan.)
Can they work of this? Can't believe this is still an issue. Like many have said- Refined the glitches before you add more features.
I am going to try and bring in the control file that was used to see if it will auto-match with the targets (which I believe the newest version will do once you get 3 points matched)
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer

Post by Scott.Warren »

I've seen the issue where targets that are close to the scanner and that have lots of points can't be found by R360.

Agree that the targeting in R360 is great in how it moves quickly from scan to scan, and the speed that you can get in targeting BUT they often need adjustment and the refit button is super hit and miss. I usually try the middle, then each of the 4 outside corners if the center doesn't work.

Virtual target is decent if you feel one of the individual points is close to the exact target center, but this is hardly the case in practice.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”