Cyclone 9.2 Start-up Issues

Discuss all Cyclone related issues here.
JLarson
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jason Larson
Company Details: NAIK Consulting Group
Company Position Title: HDS Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cyclone 9.2 Start-up Issues

Post by JLarson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:03 pm

I've been using 9.2 for several weeks now with no major issues. Since my PC got updated with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, I've been having problems with Cyclone starting up. It throws up a message "Exception Reason Failed to Open DB: Warning Failed to open scratch database. Some operations will not work." This same message comes up a couple of times, then I get an AccessViolationSEH error. then Cyclone quits. The problem seems to be intermittent. If it comes up, I have to re-boot my machine. Following re-boot, it may work or may not.

Anyone else been having this issue?
Jason Larson
NAIK Consulting Group
New York, NY

Rikore
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bruce Yager
Company Details: Rikore Geomatics
Company Position Title: Department Head
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Cyclone 9.2 Start-up Issues

Post by Rikore » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Jason,
Just had the problem today. Windows did an update and then Cyclone would not recognize my licenses. My register is node locked and even that did not show. Rebooted the server and laptop and it works. It appears to be something between windows 10 and Cyclone. Register 360 had the same issues. Working on what went on. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.
Bruce

Zahner
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Waylon Sparkman
Company Details: Zahner and Associates
Company Position Title: Laser Scan Technician

Post by Zahner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 pm

I am having this issue too. My splash screen shows up but then cyclone will not boot. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this yet?

Rikore
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bruce Yager
Company Details: Rikore Geomatics
Company Position Title: Department Head

Post by Rikore » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:21 am

I'm still working on what the issue is. Since Windows 10 updated my licenses are there one minute and then gone. For now, a shut down, not just restart solves the problem. I'm sure others are having this issue. Reloaded 9.1.6 and the same happens. This has to be within the windows update and the licenses not being found.

Matt Young
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Matt Young
Company Details: Warner Land Surveys
Company Position Title: CAD Technology Manager

Post by Matt Young » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Zahner wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 pm
I am having this issue too. My splash screen shows up but then cyclone will not boot. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this yet?
The splash screen issue can sometimes be attributed to where your databases are located. For example, if you have databases in different locations and not all in 'Databases' where they should be. You can delete some files in the databases directory - I think it is 'ImpDirectory550.impdir' (make a copy of it somewhere first) and this will clear out the list in Cyclone navigator. Restart Cyclone and you should be okay.
matty@warnerlandsurveys.com
Warnersurveys.com

Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Partnership
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Post by Jamesrye » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:53 am

9.2 has caused us a massive headache for us with starting up issues. We have Nvidia cards - this link helped a lot, as did the Leica tech support.

http://w3.leica-geosystems.com/kb/?guid ... 628961E16B

The issue for us is that 9.2 has now stopped auto-extracting targets correctly :lol: It's a nightmare, as I'm now trawling through 100's of scans and manually adding the damn things.

Return to “Leica Cyclone”