Georeferencing point cloud by using coordinates of stations

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
unalak
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Unalak e.
Company Details: Aalto university
Company Position Title: Researcher

Georeferencing point cloud by using coordinates of stations

Post by unalak »

Hi everyone,

I have registered ten scans into one point cloud in Cyclon 9. I know coordinates of three stations. Coordinates are in txt file. I want to georeference the point cloud by using the coordinates of those three stations. What options I have and how I get the best result.
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Georeferencing point cloud by using coordinates of stati

Post by Phil Marsh »

two options below...

1. upload the txt file and use this scanworld as the home scanworld when registering.

2. use the set coordinate system by two points once the data is registered. It will be a shift and rotate transformation so you'll need to work out the angle between the two new points. Use the third as a check when the coordinate system has been changed.
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]
unalak
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Unalak e.
Company Details: Aalto university
Company Position Title: Researcher

Post by unalak »

Phil Marsh wrote:two options below...

1. upload the txt file and use this scanworld as the home scanworld when registering.

2. use the set coordinate system by two points once the data is registered. It will be a shift and rotate transformation so you'll need to work out the angle between the two new points. Use the third as a check when the coordinate system has been changed.
Thank you Phil,

I tried the first option, but it doesn't work. The first way worked me fine in situation, where I have targets and their coordinates. But in this situation Cyclone can't find constraints when I click to Advanced auto-add constraints. Do you have any tips?

Second option is possible to do but as yous said, I need to work out the angle.
Formula1982
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stephen Ferrari
Company Details: UTEC StarNet Geomatics
Company Position Title: Technical Lead

Post by Formula1982 »

unalak wrote:
Phil Marsh wrote:two options below...

Thank you Phil,

I tried the first option, but it doesn't work. The first way worked me fine in situation, where I have targets and their coordinates. But in this situation Cyclone can't find constraints when I click to Advanced auto-add constraints. Do you have any tips?

Second option is possible to do but as yous said, I need to work out the angle.
Is it possible you didn't import your text file correctly? Is it definitely showing up in the control space as target vertices, with the exact same target IDs as the rest of your scans?
Did you try turning off the level of the other scans and only holding your text file scanworld (which should be the home scanworld) as levelled?

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”