Ortho image help

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Luka
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Luka Juras
Company Details: geo
Company Position Title: geo
Skype Name: \
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Ortho image help

Post by Luka »

Hello all, I need help about creating ortho image. I have a walls from a fortress and i need to do 2 types of ortho images. One ortho image is normal view like you are watching a wall and that is oke I do straight line and define coordinate system accoriding to that line and Z is facing up. But i dont know how to do "ANGLE ortho image" so i can get real size of the wall since it has his angle. I tried creating extra lines where 1. is vertical on horizontal line and 2. is based on angle of the wall and I try defining coordinate system by 3 points where for the third point I put angle of the wall but the problem is when I go for ortho image it puts it in some wierd position - it gets rotated for 90 or 270° and it goes for some right or left view and not front view like normal ortho image.

I hope you all understood me. I need help about problem asap. Thanks in advance. :) :)
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Re: Ortho image help

Post by geomontgomery »

You need to define UCS by 4 points not by 3 - 3 just gives you the same Z vertical axis, but it sounds like in your case the Z axis is tilted. With additional points you can define a new vertical axis in the same step. I think you already have your vert and horiz line, just select 4 points and follow the dialogs... should work out fine.
Luka
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Luka »

I think I am doing something wrong can you please explain a little better. I posted a picture below I need to have x Axis (blue line - horizontal), y Axis (verticly) and my Z axis (red line) needs to be tillted according to line. So my question is where i need to put points and how to define dialog to get what I need. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Post by geomontgomery »

Check out the pic below for reference. I'm using view > coordinate system > set from points
  • 1 = reference coordinate, or origin
  • 2 = azimuth (northing, or +Y axis if azimuth angle = 0)
  • 3 (6 in the pic) = top reference coordinate for aligning +Z axis
  • 4 = bot reference coordinate for aligning -Z axis

In the case of your pic, try to place points like this:
Luka
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Luka »

I thinks it works the same with 3 or 4 points given but I tested it and it seems that it works, there is some difference in lenght between "normal ortho" and "angle (true) ortho", so I guess it will be oke I need to test it on some wall that has some bigger "angle".

Thanks you helped me a lot :D :D

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”