Full Name: Naveen
Company Details: AROWANA SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Company Position Title: Delivery Head
Skype Name: naveen.arowana
Linkedin Profile: Yes

LFD files

Post by naveenvarma »

Dear All,

How can i convert the registered ZFS to LFD files and which software should i purchase to generate those files.
Also i want to create the bubble views. Where can i produce them

Thank in Advance,
naveenvarma
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Naveen
Company Details: AROWANA SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Company Position Title: Delivery Head
Skype Name: naveen.arowana

Re: LFD files

Post by naveenvarma »

Any news?
Ryan Kilmurray
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ryan Nicol Kilmurray
Company Details: LFM Software
Company Position Title: Application Consultant

Post by Ryan Kilmurray »

Hi,

I have asked your LFM Value Added Reseller (KK Geosystem) to contact you in order to answer your questions and provide you with further information on this topic. They should be in contact with you soon.

Regards,
Ryan
Application Consultant
LFM Software Ltd
richard_m
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Richard Merrin
Company Details: Fugro
Company Position Title: Data Processor _ Project Engineer

Post by richard_m »

Hi,

All the formats you mention are from Aveva LFM, you'll have to have talk with them about what modules you need for your purpose. I'm a bit shocked a company with the capability of Trigeo are not already using this..

Your .zfs files will need converting to .zfc and then LFM will work with these files to export whatever you need. An .lfd file is the LFM equivalent of a Cyclone .imp file.

Richard.
Obinna
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Egwuonwu Henry
Company Details: Ariosh Limited
Company Position Title: Design Engineer

Post by Obinna »

Hi Naveenvarma.
Today is your lucky day.
Its not so much of a big deal. The format you requested is LFM software file format. Hence you have to buy LFM software to process your ZFS to LFD.
1. Data Conversion
• Export the ZFS of the processed data
• Launch LFM Advance mode on the system
• In the LFM Advance mode window, click on the LFM logo on the window and navigate to LFM Gateway.
• Right click on the untitled icon
• Navigate to New
• Click on Register group
• Rename the group
• Right click on the group and import processed data into the group
• Afterwards, the data is re-registered in the new group
Wait for the process to run to completion (Note, this process might take a while, depending on the data size been processed)
2. Second stage (Dataset creation/LFM generation)
After the registration of the data in the created group, follow the following steps to generate the usable dataset.
• Right click on the name of the group
• Navigate to "Generation setting" in the drop down menu
• Click on the "Generation setting"
• Go to generation window
• Define the dataset destination on the host system (click on select/browse, and set the destination folder)
• Return to the generation setting window, navigate to the Intermediate setting button
• Click on the intermediate setting button
• Create a folder in the D drive of the host system
• Next, click on final point in the generation setting window
• Check the volume
• Check the density to either full or half (Remember that this will affect the size of your data so use your discretion.
• If the exported data have colour, check the colour
• Click on "Generation tab" (below the menubar)
• Click on Dataset
• Save dialogue box will come up. Navigate to where you want the data set to be
• Type in the name you want the data set to be called
• Click save.
• Click ok for all dialogue boxes that will pop up afterwards (if all the requirements of the data processing that pops up is met by the system used to process the data)
Wait for the process to run to completion (Note, this process might take a while, depending on the data size been processed)

I hope this helps.

If you still have issues, you can contact me through my email.
MartinK
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Martin Kerfoot
Company Details: LFM Software Ltd.
Company Position Title: Channel Manager Asia

Post by MartinK »

Hi,

To create .LFD from registered .ZFS you'll need the 'LFM Dataset Generation' product. Just import the registered .ZFS, convert and compress to .ZFC (this is where the BubbleViews are created also), and produce the .LFD.
BubbleViews are integrated in every LFM product, not run in a separate application, you don't need a specific viewer.

Depending on how you're using the laser data, you can then add on Autodesk/AVEVA/Bentley/Intergraph/SIEMENS CAD links to use the point cloud in your 3D design systems.

If you want to use the BubbleViews online - take a look at LFM NetView http://web.lfm-software.com/en/Promotio ... tview.aspx
LFM can host this on the cloud using Microsoft Azure. It needs no administration by you.

Regards,
Martin Kerfoot
LFM Channel Manager - Asia Pacific
Shumakandr
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Andrey Shumakov
Company Details: JSC PromServis
Company Position Title: Chief survey department
Skype Name: shumakov.andrey

Post by Shumakandr »

Hello.We Have a small project 44 scans.Scans are alligned and each into separate PTX.We need to convert them for
Aveva E3D,LFD format.But we have no LFM licence.Could anybody help,please contact.
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Post by Graham »

Welcome to the forum Andrey.

The LFM server used in conjunction with E3D will read LFD datasets, but not generate them. To load the PTX data a standard LFM Server is required, with appropriate Gateway and Generator licenses. I have forwarded you enquiry onto AVEVA Russia and LFM Support, so hopefully someone will be making contact.
stoddy13
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Scott Todd
Company Details: Handley Surveys
Company Position Title: CAD Technicain
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by stoddy13 »

Hi All,

We Currently have a large data set produced in cyclone that we are trying to convert into an .lfd database through LFM.
We initially exported PTZ files and we managed to generate a dataset successfully, albeit with some failed conversions, however the option to import colours was not available and therefore only bought through a grayscale cloud.
We are trying to generate a dataset with split ptx files, due to the size, however this managed to convert about half of the files but it failed during the dataset creation.

Has anyone had any luck converting large datasets froom cyclone into LFM and what is the best way to complete this?

Thanks for your help.
richard_m
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Richard Merrin
Company Details: Fugro
Company Position Title: Data Processor _ Project Engineer

Post by richard_m »

I do this a bit. You could try the following..

Copy together a set of your RAW UNEDITED (STRAIGHT-OFF-THE-SCANNER) scan files to a new disk or partition with plenty of space. In Cyclone open your finished Registration Modelspace and use tools-scanworld explorer to "write back" (save) the current parameters of your current registered scans to the raw scans you've just copied together.

This gives you a set of raw scans with their parameters updated to match those in your Cyclone Reg.

You can then import these newly updated scans into LFM Generator and batch convert them all to .zfc files, this is the "generic" scan file format of LFM. You can then use the LFM Register module to import these .zfc files into a new empty LFM registration (without changing them) and from this registration LFM Server can export you an LFM Dataset that is based upon a .lfd file in the same way that a Cyclone database is based around a .imp file.

Hope this makes sense, its a bit of a p.i.t.a. hack-around but it works for me. Mostly.

Richard.

Return to “AVEVA Suite”