Faro Files

Discuss AVEVA Suite software here.
Dave Andrews
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dave Andrews
Company Details: R.E. Warner Associates Inc.
Company Position Title: 3d Scanning Coordinator
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Faro Files

Post by Dave Andrews »

I have a client that we are scanning for that is using LFM Server and MicroStation. Does anyone have a file type that works well with both? They have not used a Faro Scanner and have reservations about converting files. I think a .POD will work well, but I would like someone to verify this for me.

Thanks, DA
"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
Woody Hayes
MartinK
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Martin Kerfoot
Company Details: LFM Software Ltd.
Company Position Title: Channel Manager Asia

Re: Faro Files

Post by MartinK »

Hi Dave,

If they are using LFM Server and MicroStation then they will be using the .lfd format.

LFM will import .fls scans into LFM Server - Gateway Mode.
These will be filtered for intensity, range and mixed pixel and converted to .zfc format (with an associated .int BubbleView for each individual scan)

You can choose to register the scans in LFM Server - Gateway Mode, or import pre-registered scans that have been processed in another registration package.

These are then generated into an LFM Server dataset (.lfd) using LFM Server - Gateway Mode. This is the 'database' of points that is used by LFM Server with the CAD link outputs (MicroStation being one of a number of CAD link outputs).

If you'd like a more detailed workflow, trial or demonstration then you can contact the LFM support/licencing team on [email protected].

Best regards,
Martin

Return to “AVEVA Suite”