I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Amjad el-Masri
Company Details: Consolidated Contractors Company
Company Position Title: Geomatic Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

.FLS to AVEVA PDMS

Post by aelmasri »

I would like to ask what are the required software to import the .FLS point cloud to AVEVA PDMS.

A few words about the objective of the project:
We scan the existing brownfield and we want to detect the clashes between the existing facilities (.FLS) and the design (PDMS) and to perform dimension analysis of the existing facilities.

So, based on that our equipment is FaroFocus3D and the laserdata is in .FLS format as well as our design platform is AVEVA PDMS can you suggest which are the required software or the best software solution.

Thank you in advance
Luminous Group
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ben Bennett
Company Details: Luminous Group Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: .FLS to AVEVA PDMS

Post by Luminous Group »

Aveva Laser Modeller is there package for handling point data, although I'm not sure if it handles Faro data natively you may need to export to a genric format.
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Re: .FLS to AVEVA PDMS

Post by Graham »

The AVEVA Laser Modeller does take FLS data but would not be the tool to use in this case.

If you are looking to undertake clash detection you would need to load the FLS data into a laser model system like LFM Server or other product. PDMS can then connect to this database using the AVEVA Laser Model Interface to reference the data for visualisation and clash detection within the PDMS application.

For more information have a look at the website for more details or contact you local AVEVA Office http://www.aveva.com/en/Products_and_Se ... ogies.aspx

Return to “AVEVA Suite”