I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Joseph Cardillo
Company Details: WLG
Company Position Title: Survey Analyst
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Blue SKy and Bubble View in E3D

Post by JoeCard »

Hello,

We have a client who needs to be able to see a "Blue Sky" while in the bubble view in AVEVA E3D, but currently is only able to see it as black (no data). Our workflow is with the Faro x330 scanner using SCENE to process, register, and colorize the scan data. Through experience, we find that only FLS and PTX file type exports produce the desired Bubble View (similar to the Mirror Balls in Recap). We then take that processed and colorized scan data and process and index it in AVEVA LFM so that the client can easily map it to their AVEVA E3D software. Other clients utilizing the same Faro scanners are able to achieve the Blue Sky while preserving the Bubble Views in AVEVA E3D, so I'm unsure where along the workflow the issue is. If anyone has any experience with this topic, any advice is much appreciated.
FYI: unfortunately I don't have access to the AVEVA E3D module to see exactly what's going on, but we do have AVEVA LFM for the indexing of the data.
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Re: Blue SKy and Bubble View in E3D

Post by Graham »

Just to clarify the client is looking for Blue as the default colour for no data, or do you mean having the photo image?

As you have a copy of the AVEVA LFM software that should suffice at looking at the Bubble's. When accessing the point cloud and Bubbles in E3D it is running LFM process in the background and that is rendering the scene to E3D. So once you have the effect you are after in LFM E3D should follow.
MatthewL
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Matthew John Lanzer
Company Details: KSIE
Company Position Title: KSIE

Post by MatthewL »

Was there ever a solution for this? I am utilizing Leica Cyclone Register 360, and I have the same client with the same requirement.
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Graham »

I don't know the final outcome of this case, it could have been a workflow issue. E3D will display the "sky" if it is available when the scan is loaded into APCM. I would not expect an issue with the RTC360, I don't have any scans to hand to prove it.
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Graham »

MattewL: Just as an update, there is an issue with E3D and placement of the far clipping plane when rendering bubble views when the point cloud is clipped. I don't work on the E3D code base any more so I cannot give any dates or releases this will be made. I have been advising on the work that will be need. So a solution is possible.

Return to “AVEVA Suite”