V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cadworx to Aveva E3D

Post by dineshkimraj »

Good day all, the situation is that a client wants a model done in E3D. We currently don't have this software, we usually model in Cadworx. So the question is can we model in Cadworx and import that intelligent model into E3D, maintaining the intelligence of the model?

Or is there a way to export the Cadworx model to a format E3D can use, again maintaining the intelligence.

Thanks in advance.
bdawood
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bashar Dawood
Company Details: Canada West Drafting Inc.
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: Cadworx to Aveva E3D

Post by bdawood »

The quick answer is, you can't exchange the intelligence between the two softwares. I had the same issue before.
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Post by Graham »

Any reason why the end users does not use the directly Point Cloud in E3D instead of the reverse engineering a model? You will still have to generate a LFM Point Cloud, but this would be a lot cheaper than reverse engineer the model. They potential would have access to Bubble views within the modelling enviroment.
dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech

Post by dineshkimraj »

Graham wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 pm Any reason why the end users does not use the directly Point Cloud in E3D instead of the reverse engineering a model? You will still have to generate a LFM Point Cloud, but this would be a lot cheaper than reverse engineer the model. They potential would have access to Bubble views within the modelling enviroment.
They use the Aveva Suite but we do not. I was hoping that we could have used the software we currently have, Leica Cyclone Suite and Cadworx to do the processing and modeling and then exporting a format that can be used in Aveva programs. Don't really want to purchase a new set of licenses honestly.
bdawood
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bashar Dawood
Company Details: Canada West Drafting Inc.
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by bdawood »

Aviva E3D is so expensive and not available for any company, only oil ang gas companies can acquire have it and they will give your company seats. The issue is that working with point cloud inside Aviva is not so friendly and the usual work flow is to create a what so called a dummy model in any software of your choice and then the designers with Aviva seats would trace the model. I would love to hear something different and more simple than this.

Return to “AVEVA Suite”