I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Michael Dusevic
Company Details: University of Calgary
Company Position Title: Student
Linkedin Profile: No

LFM: Importing LAS Data

Post by Mike.Dusevic »

I am trying to import LAS data into LFM Server: Gateway mode. My situation calls for retaining the coordinate system that the scan was performed in. Unfortunately, LFM reprojects LAS data into an ECEF Cartesian coordinate system.Does anyone know if there is any way I can stop this reprojection from occurring?
LFM_guide_snip.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Re: LFM: Importing LAS Data

Post by Graham »

The next fix release which think will be 4.4.2.3, we have added the ability accept non-georeference coordinates for LAS. Apologise I cannot give a timescale, it will depend on the speed it gets past the test team.
Mike.Dusevic
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Michael Dusevic
Company Details: University of Calgary
Company Position Title: Student
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Mike.Dusevic »

Hi Graham, I do not wish to import non-georeferenced data. I wish to retain my coordinate system in LFM. My scan data is in NAD83 CSRS, 3TM 114W. I want to keep the coordinate system in LFM, instead of my point cloud being reprojected into an Earth-Fixed Earth Centred system. Apparently, I can do so by going into the "Modify Geogrestration" option while in the "Conversion options" window during the import workflow. Do you know anything about this?
Graham
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: GrahamM
Company Details: AVEVA
Company Position Title: Software Engineer

Post by Graham »

Mike,

Again you will have to wait for the 4.4.2.3 if you wish to keep the data in NAD83, as LFM converts to ECEF so multiple data sources in different projection systems can be mixed. Selecting the Plant Units will not re-project your data once loaded into LFM.

Return to “AVEVA Suite”