Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

NEW Surphaser 10 Laser Scanner

Post by Jason Warren »

Surphaser 10.png
The Woodlands, Texas, April 11, 2016 – For immediate Release

Basis Software Introduces All New Surphaser Model 10

Basis Software, Inc, is pleased to introduce the Surphaser Model 10 laser scanner, the first in a new product line of compact light weight scanners. The new model will be presented at the SPAR 3D Expo and Conference, Woodlands, Texas.
The Surphaser Model 10 represents an entirely new branch on the Surphaser model tree. Model 10 continues to provide the data quality and sub-millimeter accuracy that has long separated Surphaser scanners from the competition. In addition, model 10 introduces an integrated camera, internal battery compartment and onboard control, with the weight of 5 kg (11 lb) that makes model 10 the smallest and lightest Surphaser to date.
Surphaser is introducing Model 10 as an addition to their product line to provide solutions for a wide range of applications from dimensional control to aerospace to asset management and BIM. Model 10 uses Class 1 laser to capture a 360° x 270° field of view with a 3D error of <0.7 mm (at 15 m) and range noise of <0.12mm (at 15m/90% albedo). The two integrated 5MP cameras provide automatic color texture mapping with the included software. To find out more visit the Surphaser booth #11 at 2016 SPAR 3D Expo and Conference, 11th to 14th April, 2016. About Basis Software, Inc.
Basis Software, Inc. markets its own line of Surphaser 3D laser scanning systems and supplies OEM products for laser scanner manufacturers worldwide including their SurphExpress software platform for scanner control, data analysis and exportation. Known for its unsurpassed accuracy and scan quality, the Surphaser line offers both short range and medium range models, ideal for use in reverse engineering, dimensional control, historical preservation, architecture, and forensics. Surphaser products are deployed worldwide delivering unparalleled precision and value in 3D scanning. For more information contact: Elena Lazareva Operations Manager Basis Software, Inc. phone: 425-861-9390 ext. 222 e-mail: [email protected] http://www.surphaser.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
cpw006
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Chris Widmer
Company Details: KCI
Company Position Title: 3D Scanning Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: NEW Surphaser 10 Laser Scanner

Post by cpw006 »

Thanks for posting, I will have to take a look.
jcoco3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Jonathan Coco
Company Details: Consultant
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by jcoco3 »

Neat :) It has two 5MP cameras, which appear to be permanently mounted on the body beside the laser optics with one pointed slightly upward and the other slightly downward. My guess is that the head only needs to rotate to a handful of positions to capture the full spherical panorama. I wonder how long the color capture sequence takes? I guess I will have to go ask this week.

The miniaturization also makes this model much more appealing!
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by jedfrechette »

jcoco3 wrote:The miniaturization also makes this model much more appealing!
Yes! Look out Faro you're not the small kid on the block anymore.

I'm really interested to hear more about this scanner. I wonder what the range and price will be like? I'm guessing it will be relatively short range, but they are mentioning BIM and asset management so probably decent.
Jed
jcoco3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Jonathan Coco
Company Details: Consultant
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by jcoco3 »

Yes! Look out Faro you're not the small kid on the block anymore.
I hope it doesn't get "framed" as fragile due to it's small size like the Focus did. I applaud any attempt to make scanners smaller while retaining previous specs. Even the Faro unit feels like a burden when you are climbing ladders and stairs. I have another tall Petrochemical tower project right after Spar, and my back is already acting up in anticipation of the climb :lol:

Reference:http://www.laserscanningforum.com/forum ... 102&t=7109
hypsometric
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Arash Yaghoubi
Company Details: Hypsometric
Company Position Title: Director of Cartography

Post by hypsometric »

What an awesome move by an awesome product company... they should get the SPAR MVP award... great move! USA! USA! USA!

Return to “Surphaser”