Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

New Leica Captivate Experience

Post by Jason Warren »

1.png
New Leica Captivate Experience revolutionises the industry with touch-technology software, world’s first self-learning measurement instruments

(LAS VEGAS,USA /HEERBRUGG, SWITZERLAND, 2 June 2015) – Leica Geosystems released the revolutionary touch-technology software Leica Captivate today within the world’s first self-learning MultiStation and total stations.

Creating the most realistic 3D models, the Leica Captivate Experience enables measurement professionals across a wide array of industries working in various applications to capture and manage complex data easily and accurately. Combining engaging software, precision measurement instruments and trusted services creates an all-encompassing solution and a new concept in user experience.

Engaging software with a simple swipe
Leica Captivate offers a revolutionary way to interact with any work data in the field or office. With little more than a simple swipe, users can now navigate through customisable apps containing information for multiple projects. Advanced lining and coding come together to provide an interactive 3D model where users can zoom, pan and orbit the rendering for optimal viewing and manipulation.

ESE Consultants Assistant Regional Director of Surveying Shawn Crawford, a professional land surveyor with more than 20 years of experience in the field, recently spent his free time beta testing Leica Captivate on the new Leica CS20 controller. He simulated field work such as traversing, line coding, 2D and 3D stakeouts, resections, GPS localisations, alignments, stake to DTM, as well as software functionality. Crawford found the new software and controller to offer an “amazing” experience.

“As a consumer, I appreciate how Leica Geosystems reached out and listened to what is important to us. So, of course, I was interested and very honoured to participate in beta testing Captivate. I believe Captivate will be a gamechanger in the market; there is simply nothing like it. The ability to view and survey inside a 3D scan; it's very impressive as well as valuable for surveyors to have this technology.

“Leica Geosystems has taken a giant leap forward with Captivate by resembling a smartphone look and feel. With scrolling apps you can customise and prioritise in any order you like. The job carousel allows you to attach photos to job files to make it easier to identify each project, and with a click of the job file, you're quickly transitioned to a menu that allows you to view and edit the data and properties. Simple things like these are what make Captive such an enjoyable experience."

World’s first self-learning measurement instruments
With Leica Captivate onboard, the new Leica total stations and MultiStation are optimised with the fifth generation of ATRplus. These precise instruments increase efficiency and make work faster with the ability to ignore all distractions in the field and remain locked onto the sole target. They learn any environment, deliver accurate positions regardless of the most difficult conditions, and offer the fastest relock in case of interrupted line of sight.

The new instruments include:
-Leica Nova MS60 MultiStation -Leica CS20 Controller
-Leica Nova TS60 Total Station -Leica CS35 Tablet
-Leica Viva TS16 Total Station
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
jcoco3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Jonathan Coco
Company Details: Consultant
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: New Leica Captivate Experience

Post by jcoco3 »

Wow, the marketing guys have been working overtime. The video makes you think they using a 3D screen or some sort of AR with the data collector. http://www.leica-geosystems.com/en/Leic ... 106653.htm

and by the soundtrack I can assume they also figured out that DUBSTEP SOLVES EVERYTHING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

youtu.be/ I wonder if that data collector has a headphone jack so we can listen to that song while working ;)

All jokes aside, it is very nice to see more advances in taking 3D models back to the field instead of 2D sheets.
Phill
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phillip Nixon
Company Details: SKM
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Re: New Leica Captivate Experience

Post by Phill »

Looks very fancy. My comments would be

1. Does the screen on the controller do that blur/half reception thing. That would get annoying
2. Does the TS16 confrom to the three laws of robotics
3. Has the TS16 past the turing test
4. If I connect the TS16 to the internet will there be some sort of terminator style armageddon?
5. What is ATRplus? Is it just ATR with the word plus after it?
6. Have they improved the startup time from off on the controllers/total station? I have had so much time to be inspired over the last few years, I'd hate to waste the same amount of time being captivated.
7. Gotta say, I spent last week dragging a GPS through head high swamp, having the controller catch on every tree branch and twig, is it a good idea to make the controller bigger?

Cheers

Phill

Return to “Press Releases”