V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: New BLK 360

Post by pburrows145 »

Please drop me an email - I am after as much demo data as I can lay my hands on!

[email protected]
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

gsisman wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:42 pm
pburrows145 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:52 am
gsisman wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:37 am

I think the links do come across, so it is operating very much like the RTC360, just no autocleaning, short range and not the accuracy, seems to have 5-level HDR though? Did I read that right?

https://www.screencast.com/t/vZTMrlLNuc

But would like to get a sample BLK Data-manager downloaded G2 Dataset with BLKjb file that also that has vis links AND Geotags (if that is possible) 5-10 scans. Maybe even tag some control points with the Geotags Target ID option on Field 360 (is this latter item also carried through to the BLK-Data-manager downloaded data?
Any RAW DATA Folders of BLK360 G2 sample data with Vis file included) our there? I'd like to see the data STRAIGHT from the unit with Hi REs Panos? Not interested in processed and exported e57 data. Seems an easy thing to provide a link to. All I need is 4-5 scans
ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture

Post by ericguizzetti »

badam wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:47 pm well this is not a handheld device so this shouldn't be compared to those.

It should be compared to faro S,M series, previous blk series, or any other TLS device. The blk360 previous version strugled a lot close to the minimum measurment distance which is quite high already. And possibly that is used a lot because of the device agility. Like small interior rooms. And that is where the close range comes in, and also the 270 Vertical field of view which is pretty small for these.

each setup has its own color to distinguish them, but i kept it visible to be able to compare somewhat true wall position.
12mm_at_1m.png

6mm_at2m.png

This makes the data ugly and hard to register correctly, because these spaces usually already hard to register, because of low amount of overlaps. And the vertical range is not helping here.
curious as you clearly understand scanning why would you choose low overlap for a sample file?
ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture

Post by ericguizzetti »

LeicaUK_RC wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 pm
Now I wonder, does the new BLK store data onboard or is scan data still stored to the Field 360 tablet?
It can now write data back to the database on the instrument the same as the RTC360.
In other words, does transfer data off the new BLK via cable include the VIS, plus alignment and tag work done on the Field 360 tablet?
Yes all the information like VIS positioning, F360 adjustment and GeoTags can now be downloaded from the scanner.
On the BLK360 G1 if you transfer from the BLK directly (instead of Field360 tablet) you only get the pile of unaligned scans...
That is true.
On the RTC360 the VIS and Field360 work is saved to the onboard USB...
Also true
When are we going to see the use of multiple ipads at the same time?
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by badam »

ericguizzetti wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:54 pm
curious as you clearly understand scanning why would you choose low overlap for a sample file?
Well sometimes you don't have other solution, especially in the blk360 target field which is house scans with lot of small room with a single door, like toilet, bathroom, etc...

I'm glad that leica gave us that (interior) example file because it showed that the quality is the same as the old blk360. Close range (1-1.5m) measurement issues, high noise.

Return to “Press Releases”