New BLK 360

Latest Press Releases from the Manufacturer
Post Reply
wmta
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:19 pm
Full Name: William Tucker
Company Details: WmTuckerAssociates
Company Position Title: Ceo
Country: United States
Linkedin Profile: Yes

New BLK 360

Post by wmta »

https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/leica ... ct-details

What do you guys think, looks very good to me
User avatar
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:16 am
14
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Country: UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Location: UK
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: New BLK 360

Post by pburrows145 »

badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 5:36 pm
1
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Country: Hungary
Linkedin Profile: No
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Contact:

Re: New BLK 360

Post by badam »

Is there any example data, e57, truview, etc. How about the noise compared to the old blk, or to the rtc360. How does it capture data near the device (<0.5m) because there were lot of noise with the old blk360 and lot of the times it was just a hole in the dataset.

Only missing thing is a pen drive instead of cable/wifi transfer... like the rtc360.

Looks promising.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:19 am
6
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Country: EU
Skype Name: -
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: New BLK 360

Post by Ioannis »

Did we know the price of it?
User avatar
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:19 pm
10
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Country: Belgium
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 336 times

Re: New BLK 360

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Ioannis wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:37 am Did we know the price of it?
Starting from 22400$

https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/leica-blk/blk360
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
User avatar
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:14 pm
4
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer
Country: Canada
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: New BLK 360

Post by Scott.Warren »

Smaller, faster, and has vis.

New one has no thermal (which is fine) and a shorter range (old-60m, new 45m).

I would also like to test to see if it still has the issue with data at close range, sucks trying to explain why the door sills are warped in the data because you forgot to filter out close data.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 5:36 pm
1
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Country: Hungary
Linkedin Profile: No
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Contact:

Re: New BLK 360

Post by badam »

Scott.Warren wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 pm Smaller, faster, and has vis.

New one has no thermal (which is fine) and a shorter range (old-60m, new 45m).

I would also like to test to see if it still has the issue with data at close range, sucks trying to explain why the door sills are warped in the data because you forgot to filter out close data.
well i found some test data.

https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/leica ... -downloads

unfortinatelly the noise and the close range issues still there. Well somehow it needs to be cheaper then an rtc360... :D another thing is that the circle below the scanner seems huge. especially for a device like this, i don't think that the rtc has this big blank circle under it. Maybe it was just clipped during import. We will need to see it for ourself.

PS: As for the big blank circle... it is in the documentation... "Field of view 360° (horizontal) / 270° (vertical)"
it is noticable bigger then usual which is vertical 300°.
Last edited by badam on Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:19 pm
10
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Country: Belgium
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 336 times

Re: New BLK 360

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

badam wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 pm
Scott.Warren wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 pm Smaller, faster, and has vis.

New one has no thermal (which is fine) and a shorter range (old-60m, new 45m).

I would also like to test to see if it still has the issue with data at close range, sucks trying to explain why the door sills are warped in the data because you forgot to filter out close data.
well i found some test data.

https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/leica ... -downloads

unfortinatelly the noise and the close range issues still there. Well somehow it needs to be cheaper then an rtc360... :D another thing is that the circle below the scanner seems huge. especially for a device like this, i don't think that the rtc has this big blank circle under it. Maybe it was just clipped during import. We will need to see it for ourself.
I looked at the data but for a 20k kit i expected better data. It will always be a low-end scanner.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
User avatar
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 pm
11
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Country: Ireland
Linkedin Profile: Yes
Location: Ireland
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 425 times
Contact:

Re: New BLK 360

Post by smacl »

badam wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 pm
Scott.Warren wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:50 pm Smaller, faster, and has vis.

New one has no thermal (which is fine) and a shorter range (old-60m, new 45m).

I would also like to test to see if it still has the issue with data at close range, sucks trying to explain why the door sills are warped in the data because you forgot to filter out close data.
well i found some test data.

https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/leica ... -downloads

unfortinatelly the noise and the close range issues still there. Well somehow it needs to be cheaper then an rtc360... :D another thing is that the circle below the scanner seems huge. especially for a device like this, i don't think that the rtc has this big blank circle under it. Maybe it was just clipped during import. We will need to see it for ourself.

PS: As for the big blank circle... it is in the documentation... "Field of view 360° (horizontal) / 270° (vertical)"
it is noticable bigger then usual which is vertical 300°.
Hi Adam,

Cheers for the data link. Do you have an example of the noise? A quick look at a 20mm slice zoomed in the indoor example shows about 3-4mm variance along the surface of a wall, which would be about +/- 2mm from the mean line.
blk1.jpg
There is some noise on the outside example, about 12mm from the mean line in the sample below was the worst I could see on brief inspection. Rest of the wall was about 5mm to mean line, but part of this could be the external concrete render rather than the scanner. Data seems quite good for a scanner in this price bracket. As you say, they wouldn't want to make it better as it would make many consider it as a viable option over the RTC360.
blk2.jpg
Looking at details like railings, again, noise level seems pretty much ok, particularly if you compare to the likes of the BLK2GO, Zeb or other handheld options.
blk3.jpg
Both samples are very small, it would be interesting to see accuracy at the units maximum range. I think this is where it would lose heavily to other static scanners.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 5:36 pm
1
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Country: Hungary
Linkedin Profile: No
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 154 times
Contact:

Re: New BLK 360

Post by badam »

well this is not a handheld device so this shouldn't be compared to those.

It should be compared to faro S,M series, previous blk series, or any other TLS device. The blk360 previous version strugled a lot close to the minimum measurment distance which is quite high already. And possibly that is used a lot because of the device agility. Like small interior rooms. And that is where the close range comes in, and also the 270 Vertical field of view which is pretty small for these.

each setup has its own color to distinguish them, but i kept it visible to be able to compare somewhat true wall position.
12mm_at_1m.png
6mm_at2m.png
This makes the data ugly and hard to register correctly, because these spaces usually already hard to register, because of low amount of overlaps. And the vertical range is not helping here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply

Return to “Press Releases”