I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James Clay
Company Details: LandAir Surveying
Company Position Title: SVP
Linkedin Profile: No

UV Textures Imported

Post by jclay »

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered before. I looked but was unable to find any post to this issue.

I am trying to import a Mesh Model into Pointools and maintain the material. I have been able to maintain the Texture name being mapped when I import a 3ds file format. (I can see it listed in the properties panel under the Model, under the materials list). However, it will not display no matter what switches I turn on and off in the Display Settings. All that does display is the default Diffuse color.

Has any one been able to import UV textures into Pointools and display them?

I noticed in the manual it said that only Color Textures were supported. I am not sure I understand that statement unless it is referring to One color per texture?? The texture I have UV mapped came from Blender where I used the vertex color of the pointcloud and then baked the vertex colors to a simple image file. I am not sure if this is an issue or not? I also added a simple texture in 3DSMax and Microstation to see if those UVs would be imported with no success.

Also, the texture that I created in Blender shows up fine in 3Dsmax and Navisworks.

Thanks for the help.
fj-Bentley
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Felix James
Company Details: Bentley systems
Company Position Title: Support Engineer Senior

Re: UV Textures Imported

Post by fj-Bentley »

If you are importing 3DS with material you must ensure that the 3DS file and the bitmap texture file are in the same folder. If it is an OBJ file then texture are not supported , only vertex colours. If you are having any further issues please contact Bentley Technical support for assistance.
http://communites.bentley.com or got to https://www.bentley.com/en/support to raise a Service Request.
jclay
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by jclay »

Thank you for your reply. I do have the UV Texture map in the same directory as the 3DS file and I can see inside Pointools the model's property does include the correct texture map name. So it is actually seeing the UV map but only displaying the diffuse color.

I will post it to Bentley as you suggested.

Thanks

JC
jclay
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by jclay »

I wanted to follow up with the answer I received from Bentley Support....They were super responsive and very helpful.

In the end I had too many checks on in the display settings. Please review the image attached for the correct settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Pointools”