V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Leica RTC360 - Problems Importing to REGISTER 360

Post by badam »

SCarbo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:40 pm My log file has not been updated since April 2020. We just tried a new scan which imported without an issue.
do you have permission for that log file? what is the last row's timestamp?

maybe
did you tried to import this set uf setups earlier and reg360 crashed? if yes then you need to repair your project you can only do that in 2021 release. close the project open the database settings select the project and repair it. or you can do that in the server/project db but i wouldn't recomend you to do that unsless you know what you are doing.
SCarbo
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Samm Carbo
Company Details: Major Power Company
Company Position Title: Geospatial Engineer

Post by SCarbo »

The user attempting to edit the file does not appear to have permissions to that file. I am being told it did not crash. We are also using an older version of Reg360. I think its 2020.0.0, whatever version it is it matches the firmware on the scanner.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

SCarbo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 pm The user attempting to edit the file does not appear to have permissions to that file. I am being told it did not crash. We are also using an older version of Reg360. I think its 2020.0.0, whatever version it is it matches the firmware on the scanner.
without the log i couldn't help. if you sort out the permission issue, and recreate the problem (try to reimport again) then i could help you out with that.
SCarbo
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Samm Carbo
Company Details: Major Power Company
Company Position Title: Geospatial Engineer

Post by SCarbo »

You were correct it was a character causing the problem. Turns out there are three different dashes with different UNI codes. One of them from the iPad for Field 360 placed one of the dashes that does not work.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

SCarbo wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:03 am You were correct it was a character causing the problem. Turns out there are three different dashes with different UNI codes. One of them from the iPad for Field 360 placed one of the dashes that does not work.
Rant on:
Worst is that it is silently fails unless you look at the log file... No matter how many times i reported this to leica, it is a mess, sometimes it supports special chars sometimes not... there is no consistent filereader in any hexagon software. Do support it everywhere or nowhere, but do not mix it. And if not supported there should be at least a usable error message...

Return to “General Chat”