I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Matthias S
Company Details: TPI
Company Position Title: 3D-Team Coordinator
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Recap deliverables & RTC360 query

Post by Moc »

KMack wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 am Could you give me more info on how you export a 'Recap database directly from cyclone'/ what you mean by this? (I currently don't have access to cyclone to investigate). I assume the export still needs to be in an un-unified state?
In Cyclone 9.4.2 you can export a ReCap database from a Scanworld in the Navigator. But I think you need the PUBLISHER Pro license for it.
Eamonmac
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Eamon Mac Auliffe
Company Details: Ncwsurveys Ltd
Company Position Title: Operations manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Recap deliverables & RTC360 query

Post by Eamonmac »

Eamonmac wrote:Morning all-

We have been asked to provide the following deliverables for an industrial plant with the usual piperacks and cable trays etc. The survey area is mostly outdoors with 2 smaller areas indoors. With my limited experience in scanning I have estimated that it will take 1 day on site to collect the required data using an RTC360. We are also carrying out a TOPO survey of the same area as part of the deliverables so we intend to put up plenty of targets on site and shoot them in with a total station to reference to the required co-ordinate system during post processing...

Query was as follows...

1. All point clouds must be registered within the agreed Grid coordinates optimized into point-cloud files suitable for use with Autodesk ReCap format database (.rcp), complete with RealView information representing actual scan setup locations (‘Mirrorball’).
2. Scans to be registered to the agreed Grid coordinate system with the 3 monuments data surveyed by Laser Survey Contractor.
3. Laser Survey Contractor to provide Site Maps drawings of all scanned areas, indicating the surveyed points.
4. Scans to include maximum resolution, and any color information as provided from the scanning equipment.
5. Laser Survey Contractor to provide raw format database from equipment used to perform the laser survey.

I may have approached this project a little naively and possibly the RTC360 is not the optimal tool for the job (or maybe it is ??). Im fairly confident that the above deliverables can all be derived from the registered point cloud and I intend to use Register 360 to register the point cloud in the office. I will be pre-registering the scans on site using the Cyclone Field 360 app on an Ipad.

From you more experienced scanning practicioners is there anything on the list above that jumps out as unusal ?? Certainly mirrorball was a term I had not heard very often previously.

Any pointers/feedback would be appreciated

Cheers

Emc
Tks for your advice. Appreciate it...

All --

Thanks for all the help and advice. This is a great forum.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “General Chat”