I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Amanda Li
Company Details: CRA Survey
Company Position Title: Graduate Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia

Post by SurveyCat_aus »

G'Day!

It's Amanda from Melbourne, AUS. I came from the surveying background and currently working for cadastral survey company. Following the unstoppable trend, our company set foot in laser scanning two years ago. We had MS60 to start with, not long after we got BLK360 + Recap. As the job progresses, we moved into Cyclone and experienced a bit of 3DR and Revit.

Our clients are mainly developers and small-medium sized architecture firm. Point cloud is a new concept for them to coorporate into their workflow. From the business's point of view, we strive to add values to our scanning services, either to speed up our regular surveying work, or convince the clients that point cloud is gateway to collaborative design.

For me, I'm naturally excited about the idea of accurately capturing a massive structure and turning it into a cloud of point that can be presented and further manipulated. I'd like to have experience with those wonderful equipment, put them to good use, deliver high quality product and see how the data we captured could benefit decision making process.

If I'm lucky, I shall stick to this path and see it through :D

Return to “Introductions”