Cyclone VS. RealWorks

Please post all your polls you want others opinion on.
PauG
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Paavo Ahvonen
Company Details: Student
Company Position Title: Student

Cyclone VS. RealWorks

Post by PauG »

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum and I tried to find a topic like this without success. So I started one by myself, hopefully under the correct Category.

I'm an engineer student and I'm making a comparison between these two softwares, in order to help a company to decide which program to acquire. I have both programs in my use and I've been testing them for about a month now.

Since I'm really novice with these programs, I would like to ask experiences from more practiced users. I will give here some comparison examples for which I would like to know if there is some differnece between the progmras:

Registration: Mostly about the registration without using targets. The new RealWorks 9.0 has a feature for registration without targets without the user having to do anything else but to choose two scans and the software does it's best to connect them, right? In Cyclone a little bit of manual fitting is required, correct?

Publisher: Any significant differences in exporting to the publisher file or in the viewer programs?

Import / Export: Does the other have any superiority compared to the other in importing or exporting?

These are what I first had in mind, I will add more later.

The laser scanner that I have in use is Z+F IMAGER 5006, and the registration is done with Z+F LaserControl. I haven't had any problems when opening the .zfs format with either program. Also the time they use to import them is more or less the same.

The intended use of the programs ranges between basic modeling cases; facades, pipes, steelworks, mines, industry. Mainly for making CAD drawings and getting measurements out of them.

I appreciate any kind of opinon for rating the other software better or worse than the other, even if you only have user experience from the other program only. I'll write more about modeling tools and examples as I encounter them while getting to know to these programs.

Thanks in advance!
RobM
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Robin Miller
Company Details: My own boss
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Cyclone VS. RealWorks

Post by RobM »

So instead of opening a new topic I will bring this one back to life. I am really interested in opinions on Realworks vs. Cyclone as I am testing Realworks right now and like it very much. I didn't get the chance to test Cyclone yet, but would like to know opinions on pros and cons vs. Realworks.
From what I have seen there are many Cyclone users here and I would appreciate any input.
Andrej
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrej
Company Details: Meixner Vermessung and Freelancer
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Andrej »

Hi Rob

not long a go I and a friend of my have tested both program site by site. We were only able to finish to the processing part so far. If time permits I will get the results up and we will continue looking at modelling part from both programs.

Andrej
RobM
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Robin Miller
Company Details: My own boss
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by RobM »

Hi Andrej,

thank you. any input is appreciated.
I have tested Realworks for quite a while now and think its a really powerful piece of software. Up until now I got to test registering scans, modelling steel and pipes as well as point cloud based modelling.

Return to “Opinion Polls”