BEST LAPTOP FOR PROCESSING

Please post all your polls you want others opinion on.
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: BEST LAPTOP FOR PROCESSING

Post by smacl »

Davidsmith89 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:48 pm When it comes to powerful mobile workstations, there are several manufacturers and models that are worth considering in addition to MSI. Some of the top options in the market include: Dell Precision, HP ZBook, Lenovo ThinkPad P Series, ASUS ProArt StudioBook
Another cost effective alternative to consider if you want mobile but don't need a battery operated laptop is a NUC or ultra-small PC. I currently use this i9-12000h mini PC when travelling, with small screen and bluetooth keyboard. At £1090 it packs a lot of punch for the low price point (64gb ram, 2tb nvme) but lacks a dedicated GPU, my work is currently more CPU than GPU heavy so not an issue. A good solution if your laptop is mostly used in a hotel room or portacabin on site. For me, also great for exhibitions where the tiny PC can sit on a big display and bluetooth to the remote keyboard and mouse.

Intel's new NUC 13 is a very small form factor PC that allows for a mid-sized graphics card but at ~four times the size and price of the unit I'm currently using.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
3D_scan_dude
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: John Henry
Company Details: DuBold Design
Company Position Title: DuBold Design
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by 3D_scan_dude »

I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad with 12th-gen i9, 128GB RAM, RTX A5500 16GB GPU and I love it! I got it from Dynamic 3D in Texas when I bought my HandySCAN. Its got plenty of computing power even on full aircraft scans.
Davidsmith89
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: David smith
Company Details: It is a startup company
Company Position Title: Digital marketer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Davidsmith89 »

I personally utilise the highly coveted laptops for processing tasks, the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 and HP ZBook Studio. Professionals will appreciate the HP ZBook Studio's potent Intel Core i9 processors, cutting-edge NVIDIA Quadro graphics, and plenty of memory and storage options. The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, on the other hand, is a little gaming laptop with a powerful AMD Ryzen 9 engine and NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics. Both laptops are well-liked by professionals and enthusiasts because they provide good performance for heavy processing demands.
Augusto 3D
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: C-Augusto
Company Details: 3d scanning
Company Position Title: USA

Post by Augusto 3D »

3D_scan_dude wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:05 am I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad with 12th-gen i9, 128GB RAM, RTX A5500 16GB GPU and I love it! I got it from Dynamic 3D in Texas when I bought my HandySCAN. Its got plenty of computing power even on full aircraft scans.
what model ThinkPad out of curisoty. I am torn between a new desktop or a workstation laptop. I have been looking at a P-series.
3D_scan_dude
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: John Henry
Company Details: DuBold Design
Company Position Title: DuBold Design
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by 3D_scan_dude »

Its the P-series. I love it! They just released the new model with the 13th-gen Intel i9 processor and NVIDIA Ada Generation GPUs. That will be my next computer. You can go up to 128GB of RAM as well.
Augusto 3D
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: C-Augusto
Company Details: 3d scanning
Company Position Title: USA

Post by Augusto 3D »

3D_scan_dude wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:47 am Its the P-series. I love it! They just released the new model with the 13th-gen Intel i9 processor and NVIDIA Ada Generation GPUs. That will be my next computer. You can go up to 128GB of RAM as well.
Yes ! we just got 2 of those P16. (I personally wish they were black like the older ones). Thank you for replying. Its good confirmation.

Return to “Opinion Polls”