Gauging interest in Pre-Order payment choice for new dynamic mapping solution

Please post all your polls you want others opinion on.

Which payment option do you value as best choice for Pre-Order of new mobile reality capture camera?

100% upfront payment for a 20% discount with ~ 90day delivery
50%
70% upfront payment for a 15% discount with ~120day delivery
50%
50% upfront payment for a 10% discount with ~150day delivery
No votes
30% upfront payment then a 3% monthly fee and <180day delivery
No votes

Total votes: 2

mwaychoff
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Matthew Waychoff
Company Details: StartingPoints XYZ
Company Position Title: Building Information Architect
Skype Name: mwaychoff
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Gauging interest in Pre-Order payment choice for new dynamic mapping solution

Post by mwaychoff »

Reminder: Pending new design includes hardware plus accessories, registration software, & more than one export utilities.

Last month over 1000 AECO & over 800 Laser Scanning subject matter experts viewed my monthly opinion poll ... but only 2% actually voted. Let's see if this month's survey can get more of your attention & more of you to vote ...

Quick recap: Here are results from my previous three months' opinion polls:
- Lower price point is not surprisingly preferred: $10k to $20k USD
- Higher data collector hardware spec.s are overwhelmingly preferred: 16GB +512GB + 4k(ie UHD) touch
- & the E57 point cloud format turns out to be the one that would be used most

This month I want to prepare to offer an Indiegogo Project crowd funding campaign & I need your help to design the Funding choice before I can consider Perks options. There are a tremendous amount of logistics for me to attempt to support Fulfillment of this solution & I can not do it without participation of eventual potential end users such as you.

Thank you in advance for your honest input on this my fourth monthly opinion poll.

As a hypothetical: If MSRP is set at $16500 USD(but please do not hold me to this just yet) & Indiegogo crowd funding campaign was to be started between the pending year end holidays then...
Option1 would be: $13200 upon purchase + $ 0 upon delivery in March2021
Option2 would be: $11550 upon purchase + $2475 upon delivery in April2021
Option3 would be: $ 8250 upon purchase + $6600 upon delivery in May2021
Option4 would be: $ 4950 upon purchase + $495/month delivery in June2021
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer

Re: Gauging interest in Pre-Order payment choice for new dynamic mapping solution

Post by Scott.Warren »

Are there specs, sample data, case studies or anything we can use to inform our decisions?

I bet the responses have been few because there isn't enough info on the actual product.

Give us a reason to invest our time and thoughts, where right now its hard to figure where this vapourware fits in our respective workflows/businesses. Some of your other posts describe your plan, but without a proof of concept it's hard to evaluate the idea effectively.
mwaychoff
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Matthew Waychoff
Company Details: StartingPoints XYZ
Company Position Title: Building Information Architect
Skype Name: mwaychoff

Re: Gauging interest in Pre-Order payment choice for new dynamic mapping solution

Post by mwaychoff »

Scott,

You are wise to hold a healthy amount of skepticism towards laser scanner vendors. I have channeled mine into this development project.

& I welcome accountability. This forum is indeed part of my honest attempt to be very transparent about the intentions & progress re: these challenging & exciting efforts.

Suffice to say specs will exceed known makes & models in several important areas for AECO use cases(>3M points/s, color, onboard&cloud processing, >8hr battery, ~1cm tolerance, >500GB storage, etc.) that I am seeking to address & will not exceed known makes & models in few other areas that have been revealed to be less important(114x87FoV, <7m range, ~6kg weight, etc.).

For purpose of this survey question though may I politely suggest that you perhaps just consider this new camera offering as purely hypothetical. I believe this can still be a really productive question for me to collect answers to. So I would very much appreciate a response based on admittedly limited information provided thus far.

As for sample data; this will become available after bit of software wrangling now that prototype2 hardware is being assembled. FYI I only received shipment of the custom motherboard(Which was made to spec.s based on result of August's opinion poll BTW!) on Oct10 so it simply has not been enough time yet to produce results that I am comfortable sharing externally.

There will be an appropriate public info launch website when time is right which hopefully will be in coming weeks not months with a little development luck and a little input from knowledgeable individuals such as yourself.

Kind regards,

matthew

Return to “Opinion Polls”