Data Monitoring during workflow?

CAD Workstations, Network Attached Storage [NAS], Servers, Monitors, SSD`s, Imaging Systems, Field Kit: Targets & Tripods etc.
remiscs
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Anthony Remis
Company Details: Remis Computer Solutions
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Data Monitoring during workflow?

Post by remiscs »

Hello,

Curious if anyone is capturing their hardware usage through a tool like MSI Afterburner? I have seen a few questions asking about bottlenecks and I usually recommend creating a data log with Afterburner while normally using the software in question.

Quick Tips:
-Once running I double click the data chart to expand it
-right click the chart and un-select always on top
-right click the chart, select log history to file (same location to stop it)
-To see where it is saved and to relocate file, just enter settings/properties, monitoring tab, and scroll down, click log history to file box in order to click on browse option. The file can be copied or moved as well from here.
-In properties, monitoring tab, file size can be increased. I usually set it to 100MB and never have issues
-Each moment a log is created and stopped it will be stored in the same file as a different entry. Best to keep a notepad file index to remember what is what

Just In case anyone wants to take a look, it is a great tool. Works on AMD and Intel CPU. Nvidia supported and should work on AMD GPU as well. Has grabbed data on workstation cards as well and allowed for fan curves on Quadros and Firepro in the past.

https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

Hope it helps some with understanding their hardware usage.

-Anthony
afterburner.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Hardware: Field & Back Office”