I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Stephen Strand
Company Details: Self-Employed
Company Position Title: Seeking Scanning Opportunities
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: .ZFC File need Leica Reader to import to Cyclone

Post by Stephen.Strand »

I have a .ZFC file and was wondering if there is a way to convert this data where I can import it into AutoCad?
Don't know if you've solved this problem already or not since it's been over a year, but yes, easiest way to get a .zfc into AutoCad is probably to import the .zfc(s) into ReCap. From there, export as .rcs (individual scan), or .rcp (project), then attach in AutoCad. I can't remember if .zfc files retain registration info on export, so you may need to export a different format to retain that info if necessary (.ptx/.e57 for example).
I imported the scans (678 scans) and realised that all scans do not have there target IDs.
Do you need the target ID's to display in your TruView, or just need them for registration? Are you just looking to mark the targets in Laser Control, and then perform the registration in cyclone? I'm a little unclear on your problem.
Best Regards,

Stephen Strand
[email protected]
Obinna
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Egwuonwu Henry
Company Details: Ariosh Limited
Company Position Title: Design Engineer

Post by Obinna »

Stephen.Strand wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:02 pm
I have a .ZFC file and was wondering if there is a way to convert this data where I can import it into AutoCad?
Don't know if you've solved this problem already or not since it's been over a year, but yes, easiest way to get a .zfc into AutoCad is probably to import the .zfc(s) into ReCap. From there, export as .rcs (individual scan), or .rcp (project), then attach in AutoCad. I can't remember if .zfc files retain registration info on export, so you may need to export a different format to retain that info if necessary (.ptx/.e57 for example).
I imported the scans (678 scans) and realised that all scans do not have there target IDs.
Do you need the target ID's to display in your TruView, or just need them for registration? Are you just looking to mark the targets in Laser Control, and then perform the registration in cyclone? I'm a little unclear on your problem.
Thank you for this response. I need the ID to perform registration in cyclone. Yes the targets were marked in Laser control. I this information is help to better understand my question. Thank you.
Stephen.Strand
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Stephen Strand
Company Details: Self-Employed
Company Position Title: Seeking Scanning Opportunities

Post by Stephen.Strand »

I need the ID to perform registration in cyclone. Yes the targets were marked in Laser control.
You can export the marked targets from Laser Control (select scan in the tree, then click puzzle piece->register->targets->export targets. Set the correct format, default units are meters. Import the scans into cyclone. Open the controlspace for desired scan and import targets. Create a registration, add the desired scanworlds, auto-add constraints, register. Repeat as necessary, or if you really want to get fancy, you could write a batch file to automate the process! :geek:

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,

Stephen Strand
[email protected]
sooperdooper
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Russell White
Company Details: HTS Advanced Solutions
Company Position Title: Mapping Operations Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sooperdooper »

Obinna wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 am
Stephen.Strand wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:02 pm
Thank you for this response. I need the ID to perform registration in cyclone. Yes the targets were marked in Laser control. I this information is help to better understand my question. Thank you.

Can I ask why you aren't using Laser Control for your registration? My standard workflow for a previous company was to register with Laser Control then export ZFC's and import them into Cyclone. Cyclone recognizes the external registration and will keep it. No need to register in Cyclone if you have LaserControl.

Return to “Z+F”