V.I.P Member
Full Name: Vincent Denis
Company Details: GEOMESURE
Company Position Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Elevated Tripod

Post by vincent denis »

Thank you for your returns !

I'm not motivate to just use the faro on a base (if it's not completly horizontal ...) but #NOVAMECH on your picture, your deck with base look great!

Do you know where can i found a similar ?

Thanks
NOVAMECH wrote:Solution, 1 box of beer, invite some mates over (not to many as you only have 1 box)
Burn - ALL wooden TRIPODS. Problem solved. Why anyone still uses these - I can not fathom???
I have a few other tripods, but this is the CORE - In reality you only really need the LAT 295 and the Trivet Plate.
The LAT295 - packs down to the smaller LAT195 units size - but is slightly heavier. Still a 1 hand lift.
Rkillenberger
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Robert Killenberger
Company Details: Production Modeling Corporation
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Team Leader

Post by Rkillenberger »

Hello! My name is Robert, I'm with Precision Point Inc. I'm looking for a reliable Elevated tripod, we have gone through a hand full in the past but the crank seems to get really hard and ends up breaking.

What are you guys using and or recommend? open to any suggestions. thanks!
cadmium
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Jason Bayer
Company Details: Armistead Mechanical
Company Position Title: Piping Designer

Post by cadmium »

Rkillenberger wrote:Hello! My name is Robert, I'm with Precision Point Inc. I'm looking for a reliable Elevated tripod, we have gone through a hand full in the past but the crank seems to get really hard and ends up breaking.

This is the first elevator tripod we got. its a cheapie, and eventually one of the plastic levers broke off.

http://www.engineersupply.com/Northwest ... AkwR8P8HAQ

this is the second one we got, and the one that this post is about. much bigger and stronger, but heavy

http://www.tigersupplies.com/Products/S ... Au108P8HAQ
Rkillenberger
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Robert Killenberger
Company Details: Production Modeling Corporation
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Team Leader

Post by Rkillenberger »

cadmium wrote:
Rkillenberger wrote:Hello! My name is Robert, I'm with Precision Point Inc. I'm looking for a reliable Elevated tripod, we have gone through a hand full in the past but the crank seems to get really hard and ends up breaking.

This is the first elevator tripod we got. its a cheapie, and eventually one of the plastic levers broke off.

http://www.engineersupply.com/Northwest ... AkwR8P8HAQ

this is the second one we got, and the one that this post is about. much bigger and stronger, but heavy

http://www.tigersupplies.com/Products/S ... Au108P8HAQ
Thanks for the reply! We have the second one you suggested, I have been searching today and found this one http://www.stakemill.com/index.php?main ... ts_id=4298

I think it might be a good candidate. 13' and only 25LBS! I think we are going to try this one out. let me know your thoughts!
NOVAMECH
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nick Bush
Company Details: NOVAMECH
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: novamech5

Post by NOVAMECH »

Here are some images of the TriVet Plate. Also, a drawing and DXF profile for plasma cutting. I find this a great tool to take on to site. Even if I don't need to scan low. I can place the scanner into this while moving the TriPod. No need to open and close the case every time you move. You may ask what this the masking tape for? Well I set the orientation of the scanner at the ZERO point - at this corner. Thereby being able to scan a sector with ease and not having to scan a full 360.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vincent denis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vincent denis »

NOVAMECH wrote:Here are some images of the TriVet Plate. Also, a drawing and DXF profile for plasma cutting. I find this a great tool to take on to site. Even if I don't need to scan low. I can place the scanner into this while moving the TriPod. No need to open and close the case every time you move. You may ask what this the masking tape for? Well I set the orientation of the scanner at the ZERO point - at this corner. Thereby being able to scan a sector with ease and not having to scan a full 360.
Thank you !

I hoped a solution to buy (at this moment, i don't have many time) but it's very good, and i take this on a corner for future.
Thank you again, your help is very precious
vincent denis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vincent denis »

NOVAMECH wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 4:51 am Here are some images of the TriVet Plate. Also, a drawing and DXF profile for plasma cutting. I find this a great tool to take on to site. Even if I don't need to scan low. I can place the scanner into this while moving the TriPod. No need to open and close the case every time you move. You may ask what this the masking tape for? Well I set the orientation of the scanner at the ZERO point - at this corner. Thereby being able to scan a sector with ease and not having to scan a full 360.
Hi again Nick!

I come back to you because in this holidays time i made your platinum and i mets a concern about the central screw.

Indeed i think it's a american screw and in france a have many dificulties to found it. Do you know the exact mesure of the screw and maybe a website were i can buy it?

Thank you very much
Formula1982
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stephen Ferrari
Company Details: UTEC StarNet Geomatics
Company Position Title: Technical Lead

Post by Formula1982 »

Some images of myself about 6-7 years ago at Spa Francorchamps and Phillip Island race circuits, scanning from our very long legs. Putting a Scanstation 2 up there is not easy, working from a ladder!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Z+F”