I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: mustafa ozendi
Company Details: bulent ecevit university
Company Position Title: research assistant

ZF 5010 X Reflectance Help

Post by mozendi »

Dear Z+F users,
For my research, I hired a company with Z+F 5010X scanner. I have an experiment stand with white, light gray, dark gray and black papers. I scanned this experiment stand at different distances and incidence angles with respect to the scanner. My aim is to get reflectance values of these papers at different distances and different incidence angles. The company sent me the scan data in .LAS format. For black, dark gray and light gray papers it seems I got the reflectance values. However, for the white paper reflectance value belonging to white paper is zero. The reflectance value of white paper should be higher than light gray paper but interestingly it is zero.
Could you please explain me how can I get reflectance values for ZF 5010X ? So that, I will share this information with the company and hopefully I will be able to get reflectance values. By the way, I have Trimble Real Works, Faro Scene and Cloud Compare softwares.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Christoph Held
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Christoph Held
Company Details: Zoller+Froehlich GmbH
Company Position Title: Z+F Team

Re: ZF 5010 X Reflectance Help

Post by Christoph Held »

Dear Mustafa,

I will gladly try to assist. Could you please send us the las file and if possible also the according 5010X zfs file?

Please send the data to support(at)zf-laser.com or me directly c.held(at)zf-laser.com

Best regards,
Chris
Bill-Wallace
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bill Wallace
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: HDS Sr. Software Product Manager

Post by Bill-Wallace »

Could be the brightest returns are being filtered out. Too much energy return can overload the sensors ability to record it so there are filters setup to kill the brightest returns. Usually from glass or chrome but depending on your distances it could be this effect..

Just my (poorly) educated guess.
NOVAMECH
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nick Bush
Company Details: NOVAMECH
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: novamech5
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by NOVAMECH »

Laser Scanning Forum People - PLEASE take note: THIS IS WHAT REAL PRODUCT SUPPORT is.

In my experience Z+F has the best SUPPORT I have come across. And I have been in business for 17 years.

This is almost the most important thing when considering the purchase of a LASER SCANNER. Top Quality Technology and Machines PLUS outstanding SUPPORT from Z+F - equals the BEST Offering

While done Christoph Held for helping to run such a great company.
Wei Fang
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Wei Fang
Company Details: Huawei
Company Position Title: Algorithm expert

Post by Wei Fang »

mozendi wrote:Dear Z+F users,
For my research, I hired a company with Z+F 5010X scanner. I have an experiment stand with white, light gray, dark gray and black papers. I scanned this experiment stand at different distances and incidence angles with respect to the scanner. My aim is to get reflectance values of these papers at different distances and different incidence angles. The company sent me the scan data in .LAS format. For black, dark gray and light gray papers it seems I got the reflectance values. However, for the white paper reflectance value belonging to white paper is zero. The reflectance value of white paper should be higher than light gray paper but interestingly it is zero.
Could you please explain me how can I get reflectance values for ZF 5010X ? So that, I will share this information with the company and hopefully I will be able to get reflectance values. By the way, I have Trimble Real Works, Faro Scene and Cloud Compare softwares.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
The original intensity data could only be read from .zfs file. And without original intensity record, you can hardly get true reflectance by correcting effects of distance and incidence angle.

My suggestions are below:
1. Get original .zfs data rather than other converted format.
2. Using Z+F Laser Control Software to visualize and read laser intensity, you will find something very different.
3. For more detail about the relationship between intensity and distances, and intensity data of Z+F Imager, you can also refer my paper: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6849466/

Return to “Z+F”