horrgakx
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Dave Wilson
Company Details: Nuclear industry
Company Position Title: Sub-PM

Deleting a door

Post by horrgakx »

I have a door which in one scan was closed and another scan was open. The result is 'most' of the door is in place.
No matter how accurate I try to be there's always some other data deleted, like parts of the floor for example.
I tried narrowing it down using the clipping box but the box is at a weird angle to the door so it's hard to narrow the data right down to only rhe parts I need to delete.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Deleting a door

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

horrgakx wrote: ↑Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:08 am I have a door which in one scan was closed and another scan was open. The result is 'most' of the door is in place.
No matter how accurate I try to be there's always some other data deleted, like parts of the floor for example.
I tried narrowing it down using the clipping box but the box is at a weird angle to the door so it's hard to narrow the data right down to only rhe parts I need to delete.
I scan a lot with a closed door and open one. I never delete info on a door because the opening direction is often good to know for anyone using pointclouddata. I would leave it alone.

Deleting data is imho in Scene not very convenient and if i need to delete stuff i do it in recap (but in 95% of the time i leave it as is).
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
horrgakx
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by horrgakx »

I understand about the door direction. But the door (or any parts of it) are closed on the scan and it just looks weird.
I get what you're saying about Scene not being good for cleaning up scans but maybe it's better to leave it for the client to deal with 😁
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Justin Richards »

horrgakx wrote: ↑Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:08 am I have a door which in one scan was closed and another scan was open. The result is 'most' of the door is in place.

if it's just one scan, open the single scan in 3D view and use selection tool to delete it.(the one of right is just open for illustration)
door.JPG
If it's a lot of scans, turn off visibility for the scans you don't want to remove points from before doing the cleanup, then turn them back on after you clean it up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
horrgakx
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by horrgakx »

Thanks! Did you use the Polygon tool to select the door?
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Justin Richards »

horrgakx wrote: ↑Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:34 pm Thanks! Did you use the Polygon tool to select the door?
np, it was the polygon tool

Return to β€œFARO”