I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Andrea Gavagnin
Company Details: Geolab.info Gavagnin.com
Company Position Title: Libero Professionista
Skype Name: andrealowa

Faro Premium stream

Post by Lowa »

Faro premium, there are some of you who use the app stream for realtime recording, how do you find it? is it functional? in large projects over 30 scans is it usable? do we have any feedback?

Thanks Andrea
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Faro Premium stream

Post by Justin Richards »

I did a quick test on our old office which is a extremely challenging space for cloud to cloud, really good for testing scanners. It did great, I stretched it too far just to see what it would do. I was able to easily fix it on the app easily. I just went back and took an extra scan, repositioned it and it repaired the rest automatically. It's so much better than onsite registration. It's fast in the field. Bringing it onto the computer was no problems, everything was already registered. You do have to import project, you can't just copy rawscans

For right now, all our current projects are huge and we only have limited time but I am excited to use it more when I get a chance.

Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Justin Richards wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:18 pm I did a quick test on our old office which is a extremely challenging space for cloud to cloud, really good for testing scanners.
Just want to shim in and say your office is not an "extremely" challenging space. It is by far that, it is actually close to ideal conditions for c2c registration.
Altough I am never a fan of c2c only registration. Please check your inclinometer missmatches before saying your c2c is perfect.

Challenging conditions involves gravel, rocks, poor overlap, wind that makes the trees shake, grass, vegetation, wet surfaces from rain. Scene really never shines in c2c only conditions and I really don't want any wrong information about this spread around and wish Faro would focus in fixing this with a different algorythm (see this thread of mine about this)
viewtopic.php?t=18954

A geat softwares that ignore those challenging surfaces is riescan. It has one of those amazing algorythms that you just need to see to understand.
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by smacl »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:30 amChallenging conditions involves gravel, rocks, poor overlap, wind that makes the trees shake, grass, vegetation, wet surfaces from rain. Scene really never shines in c2c only conditions and I really don't want any wrong information about this spread around and wish Faro would focus in fixing this with a different algorythm (see this thread of mine about this)
viewtopic.php?t=18954
Also repeating surfaces with few unique features, such as many tunnels, highways, canals and other man made linear infrastructure. C2C is the wrong approach in these circumstances regardless of algorithm, you really need external control.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:30 am
Justin Richards wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:18 pm I did a quick test on our old office which is a extremely challenging space for cloud to cloud, really good for testing scanners.
Just want to shim in and say your office is not an "extremely" challenging space. It is by far that, it is actually close to ideal conditions for c2c registration.
Altough I am never a fan of c2c only registration. Please check your inclinometer missmatches before saying your c2c is perfect.

Challenging conditions involves gravel, rocks, poor overlap, wind that makes the trees shake, grass, vegetation, wet surfaces from rain. Scene really never shines in c2c only conditions and I really don't want any wrong information about this spread around and wish Faro would focus in fixing this with a different algorythm (see this thread of mine about this)
viewtopic.php?t=18954

A geat softwares that ignore those challenging surfaces is riescan. It has one of those amazing algorythms that you just need to see to understand.

I know it looks really simple but it has always had issues. I couldn't find that project but here are two that I had put together that I ran top view registration on. Faro comes here to test their equipment.

We have a lot of spheres and use those for most jobs. I did use the Stream while out of town because the supplies did not arrive until the second day. It was in a room with 8 generators and I did have to manually move some scans but overall it was fine. I just took extra scans.
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology

Post by TommyMaddox »

viewtopic.php?t=18954

RiScan is sweet until you need to do visual qa/qc on a couple hundred to a couple thousand scans, or identify select and correct a handful out of the bunch when the errors don't show up in the msa reports....
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

TommyMaddox wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:25 am

viewtopic.php?t=18954

RiScan is sweet until you need to do visual qa/qc on a couple hundred to a couple thousand scans, or identify select and correct a handful out of the bunch when the errors don't show up in the msa reports....
You must think of making a bunch of clusters. 1 scan project per cluster and start using the import functions.

I will make a project of the exterior and staircases in 1 loop. This is on tight control.
For each floor i make a new project and import the corresponding scans from the staircase and maybe some exterior ones.

When all is finished and i need a ripano for all, i just make a new project and import all the scans from the sub projects.

Works really well and fast.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Augusto 3D
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: C-Augusto
Company Details: 3d scanning
Company Position Title: USA

Post by Augusto 3D »

Justin Richards wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:18 pm I did a quick test on our old office which is a extremely challenging space for cloud to cloud, really good for testing scanners. It did great, I stretched it too far just to see what it would do. I was able to easily fix it on the app easily. I just went back and took an extra scan, repositioned it and it repaired the rest automatically. It's so much better than onsite registration. It's fast in the field. Bringing it onto the computer was no problems, everything was already registered. You do have to import project, you can't just copy rawscans

For right now, all our current projects are huge and we only have limited time but I am excited to use it more when I get a chance.

Hey Justin, how does the app work in the end, have you done any real projects with it since you posted this test?
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Augusto 3D wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:17 pm
Hey Justin, how does the app work in the end, have you done any real projects with it since you posted this test?

I have. When using FARO Flash, it's controlled and pre-registered using FARO Stream.

For the most part, I put out spheres and targets and just go out and scan.
Augusto 3D
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: C-Augusto
Company Details: 3d scanning
Company Position Title: USA

Post by Augusto 3D »

Justin Richards wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:01 pm
Augusto 3D wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:17 pm

I have. When using FARO Flash, it's controlled and pre-registered using FARO Stream.

For the most part, I put out spheres and targets and just go out and scan.
so you don't use the Faro sphere but you use your own spheres? lol (see what I did there? - why did they name their software sphere,,) hahaha

Return to “FARO”