I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lluis Viladrich
Company Details: Solumetrics
Company Position Title: Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Faro error code 220

Post by llv »

Hi all:

From Scene 7.1.1.81 I'm founding error code 220 when trying to run a Project Point Cloud.

After this I reboot the WorkStation and I'm unable to open the project.

Anyone founds this error? caused by what?

It seems that my best option is to re-do the whole project???

Thans in advance!

LLV
Felix_the_Cat
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Felix
Company Details: Lockheed Martin
Company Position Title: Senior Member Engineering Staff

Re: Faro error code 220

Post by Felix_the_Cat »

YES

YES

YES

YES

Get rid of the files

Start from scratch

Anything from that project touches your new project and the new project will be poisoned too

And the worst part is you don’t know until you try to make the project point cloud

Has happened twice to me now

If you go into the point cloud creation log files do you see file access errors

I called Faro a bunch but could not get past the script guys who tell you to reboot your pc, no smart guys available

I think it might happen when you process scans in the new interface twice with the “skip fully processed files” unchecked

I think I was trying to process with laser illumination after I did it with plain color to see if the laser illumination would make it look better

It is the only connection I can think of between my two projects but probably has nothing to do with it

As I said the only way I found was to start from the raw files off the sd cards again

I did manage to get the files out of one by creating a cluster at the root, moving everything into it and then exporting as project from the lower level

That one worked ok for a few days then it went south too

It is something in the database I think as the individual scan files open work and behave correctly in a bunch of other programs

So if you delete the project.dat from the top level revision and then open the project you can get into the error loop thing that will let you open the earlier version by reverting to the previous

At least you can get into it again, but it likely will not save right and you have to do this every time

Maybe try the export from a lower level that I suggested above

Dunno

Just trying to help

Let’s get to the bottom of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
llv
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by llv »

Thanks Duno for your feedback.

I'm pretty sure that this is something related to Moving Clusters / impoting snd te-importing scans (we are on a some thousand scans and re-organizing area distribution and so on...) but the problem comes up (we think) espetialy when we built the Project PointCloud and after this we need to add more scans and ... (unfortunately) we update that Project Pointcloud against to delete it and rebuild...

not sure but this helped to found problems...

for us inst impossible to come to RAW scans for the size of the project; instead we come back to a "non-Project Point Cloud backup that for the moment seems to dont produce too many problems...

tricky!!!

thanks again!!!
Lluis
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by TommyMaddox »

Do you have any points that are extremely far from the origin?

How about some scans that are preprocessed in a much earlier version of scene mixed with ones that are processed with the current version?

Sufficient temp and destination disk space for creating the project pointcloud?

After importing other projects, have you saved to finalize the import? This save will take a long time.
llv
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by llv »

Hi Tommy:

answers about what you point (that effectively, are key points):
1.- points far away : not checked, but don't believe that they are more than 200m... coordinates are on the range of 0-1000 for the 3 axes
2.- scans processed in earlier versions... no: never we change versions of the software on the middle of a project (Scene 7.1.1.81 is the one used for that one)
3.- Temp space: yes, we use a 4Tb dedicated disc
4.- save after import: yes... and also createing the UPDATE project Point cloud... Personaly I think this is the point where we have the problem. Actually we recover an old version without Project PointCloud and re-do several processes (import subprojects, test re-filters and so on...) at the end of all of this we will save again and then create from CERO a new Project PointCloud...

hope this may solve the problem...

Ll.

Return to “FARO”