I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ville Pajunen
Company Details: Bamseco Oy
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: No

Single scanpoint data in SCENE

Post by Bamse »

Hi,

I've been trying to find the info, but is it possible in SCENE to acquire information from a single scanpoint, that has for example the reflective value in it?

I am scanning a lot of AISI 316 structures and other stainless materials, that make the scans very messy. (pic. attached)
Though I can't fully understand why, because they are not exactly reflective (as in mirror), but more like a brushed steel surface.

As I'm trying to filter all this noice, I would like to be able to find some reference from the messed up scanpoints reflective values vs. the good ones.

Does anyone else experience similiar issues? Is there anything that could be done, besides masking the material?

Felix_the_Cat
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Felix
Company Details: Lockheed Martin
Company Position Title: Senior Member Engineering Staff

Re: Single scanpoint data in SCENE

Post by Felix_the_Cat »

gordonired
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Gordon
Company Details: Roska DBO
Company Position Title: GIS Coordinator
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Single scanpoint data in SCENE

Post by gordonired »

You can export part of the scan using clipping boxes, and check the intensity in CloudCompare. It has a point picking tool that will display the value.

*Disclaimer*

I'm no expert, but you will want to consider that intensity will change based on the angle of incidence. Each point in a single scan from one location will be different, and you will be comparing apples to oranges from one point to another, even if it is the same material. The angle will always change, giving you different intensity values. This may make it hard to apply a general filter, you may lose data you wanted to keep. If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

Return to “FARO”