Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Interview with Oliver Burkler

Post by Scott »

Interview with Oliver Burkler, EMEA Product Manager at FARO: Part 1
http://blog-uk.faro.com
I think if we look at the product line and portfolio that we were offering there were many challenges. For example, technical challenges with laser scanners, our main business produces large scale data which is difficult to process especially if we look 13 years back. The first 64 bit computers came to the market which were finally capable of handling large data but the software was not yet ready, even our customers had the up-to-date computers at the time but for the modern Technology that we were bringing into the market the Computers still weren’t powerful enough or capable of handling the large data. This has changed over time, so I think technology and consumer electronics helped us a lot. In the meantime, computers that used to be high power scientific university machines, that is 13 or 15 years ago, are really commodities now and even your phone has more competing power than my first computer when I worked with laser scans, so I think that was a challenge, but it was overcome with the development of technology.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Interview with Oliver Burkler

Post by Scott »

Interview with Oliver Burkler, a Product Manager at FARO: Part 2
http://blog-uk.faro.com/2018/12/intervi ... ro-part-2/
"The laser scanner was used by land surveyors a little bit earlier, but FARO products started off with architecture and factory design."

Return to “FARO”